1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank @KKAUL and @aramico for your valuable suggestions. Let me see if I can get it done in FASS.

I was also contemplating on getting the pre-2012 suspension for better handling around corners. I know that it was 171 mm, and now with 16' wheels would the GC increase further? And if yes, would it still get scraped on speed breakers?
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today I washed my Scintillator as it was long due. Add the monsoon weather that had turned the alloys black and made my 90 hp dirty. Today after a long time, got time in the weekend. Following are a couple of just-after-wash pics:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This time I had to work hard to remove some tar like stains which took me a lot of time as well and made my better half envious :happy:
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Turbothinghy, great work. Not sure but you may be planning to spruce it up with Abarth logos and sticker strips. ;)
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well yes that thought had crossed my mind a lot of times. But before that I have plans to get some chrome parts painted in black at front and rear, similar to the Black Abarth Punto's red highlights at front and rear.
    aramico and Saket Sidana like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saket Sidana

With Turbothinghy's indulgence.

Saket: any chance of that matt-grey with orange detailing Abarth being added to your garage, as experimentally fantasised by you not long ago?;)
    PradeepM and Turbothinghy like this.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, I would love to. but, on another hand, Abarth at 10L is not my cup of tea. I don't think I'm brave enough to spend 10L on a hatch.
    kgramesh and prabhjot like this.
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Next time use a tar remover. Safe for the paint and will help remove Tar with minimal effort.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also have option of wrapping with vinyl. Many options. Brushed metal look,carbon fiber look or Matt grey or black look. Wouldn't need removal of any parts and can also be done as a DIY if you have time and some basic tools.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Turbothinghy you can wrap the chrome insets into matte black vinyl and I am sure you will have car will get much need sporty appearance. IMO that chrome does not match to Sport avatar of Punto 90HP.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This weekend(Sunday) did a day trip to Malshej Ghat (120 kms from Pune). The roads were decent on the Pune-Nashik highway, but the state highway was pathetic and had a lot of potholes. The weather was sunny until we started climbing up on the ghats. At Malshej, the climate was great with clouds all over with slight rain.

We left for Malshej quite late from Pune, around 1 in the noon, and while going there wasnt much traffic and whle returning there was a lot of traffic in the villages come in between. My wife and I blamed each other for leaving late :D

Following are the stats:

Total distance covered: 238 kms
    Average speed: 40 km/hr
    FE: 16.8 km/ltr (With 50%AC and heavy foot all the time)

While going to Malshej, we had out on the AC for most part, but while returning the climate was quite pleasant so AC wasn't required. Overtaking was a pure bliss, and the power in the 3rd and 4th gear between 2200-3500 RPM is just mind blowing. One Ciaz petrol (self-driven: Zoomcar) was trying hard to overtake, but in the end my 90 HP left it behind though the ordeal wasn't easy. Ciaz Petrol has a pretty decent low-mid range.

Will add the pics at night.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 18, 2015 ---
    Won't be able to add the pics tonight as my net is acting up.
    On a different note today I saw a white abarth Punto at the Mundhwa traffic light. The rear logo was also veiled. It wasn't kept well so from the rear I couldn't realize that it's the Abarth until I saw those meaty alloys and the side abarth decal.
    I couldn't take the pic as the traffic was moving and I was on my Vespa.
    So even though we aren't going to get an Abarth dealership any soon in Pune as well as Mumbai ( which is quite shocking ), I guess the Abarths would be sold by Fiat dealerships? Also I don't see any point for not having one in Pune /Mumbai o_O
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.