1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just to add: They also did some changes to EGR. I can find the exact reason from Pandit folks. When I had gone for the update, I was more interested to know what was the reason Pandit is shutting, thats why I didnt get to the root cause.

Also I was told that this ecu update isn't only for that jerk issue, it also would increase the pick up of the Fiat MJD 90 HP cars(2014 onwards), even though I didnt feel a massive change, albiet a tad more power in the 3rd,4th and 5th gear and ability to pull at lower RPMs.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Noticeable 'improvement' in in-city drive-ability?
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy @PradeepM @prabhjot
    Does this point to the same ECU tune state as that of the Avvy 90 HP. Better in city drivability.

Not sure if you guyz tried the pedal to metal stuff. I for one would any day take the better midrange and top end of Punto 90 HP unless the torque spread is now from as low as 1400 RPMS.

I need to get my 2014 manufactured 90 HP ECU updated as well. I too keep getting the 3rd gear jerk stuff but it is not as pronounced as some others have mentioned. There was fuel injector issue in my car which was sorted out few months back. The jerk problem seemed have gone but I later figured out that the problem was still there and one has to observe carefully to feel the problem. It has not bothered me much though. The only positive coming out of the fix was a jump of FE of 14-15 km/l range to 18-19 km/l range.

Have you guys experienced in any drop in FE after the ECU update. I have experienced the good FE of MJD after using it almost for close to a year. Really do not want to tinker with it now.
    Turbothinghy, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I guess no mate, this update is specifically to address the jerk/shudder issue. Also I have not driven the Avvy so I might not be the right person to comment on the different tuning of the 90HP in there.

I did not push the car post the update, however as mentioned I see some difference in the lower rpm's now post the update.

Iam yet to get fuel topped up so I will update the FE post I see the numbers. However from what I heard from Dr Santosh he did see that the FE has improved to some extent in his regular city drives and his recent highway run as well.

@drsantoshms : Kindly add your inputs & feedback.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @nibedk : I dont think so, as this ECU update is for all the 90 HPs including the Avvy. Its basically for the jerk issue with some add ons that I am still not able to confirm :D.

Take your car to the FASS, there when your ECU would be connected it would be automatically detected,if it has the same jerk issue. I guess this issue is with the Evos, Avvys and the new Linea MJD 90s.

As far as FE is concerned I dont see any change. I have driven close to 350 kms post the ECU update.
    nibedk and PradeepM like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, after the ECU remap I have driven close to 500 kms. Following are my observations:

1) First of all, the jerk issue hasnt surfaced even once, which means that the ECU changes were spot on. Would be keeping an eye on it though, as it wasnt a frequent issue even then.
    2) In -city drivability has become a little better, not a lot of difference. But, the difference is quite apparent when I drive with a light foot. Also, the 2nd gear pull seems to have increased but again, not a major change.
    3) The FE is unchanged, or has increased slightly specially when driving with a light foot in city.

All in all, I guess its has made the response of my 90 hp better, specially when I am driving with a light foot.
    Deepak, prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy .Great to know the issue is resolved now. I am praying that my GP 90 HP also throws up the same error and I get the ECU update. Since mine is a 2014 manufactured car I believe I should get the ECU update as well. I too have the same jerk issue in 3rd gear but not as serious as reported by others. I can live with the issue and one wouldn't even notice it unless one is very observant. Just for getting the better in city drivability I pray mine also throws up the error and get the ECU update.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Don't worry mate from what I know you can always get the update done if you prefer so that error doesn't really matter. Get the update done and share your feedback.

Cheers,
    Pdma.
    nibedk and Turbothinghy like this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ya please visit the FASS and update us.
    nibedk likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Got a mail from FCA regarding the Abarth launch :

LET THE SAVAGE FUN BEGIN WITH FIAT ABARTH .

image.jpg
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.