1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys I forgot to attach Abarth pics when I visited Pandit. They came from Ranjangaon plant to fix some painting issues as they weren't able to find the matching paint :

image.jpg

image.jpg
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Thanks.

Sweet scorpion, esp in Red, no?
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Mate,

As mentioned, the drive-ability of the car seems to have improved post the update. In simple words the turbo lag seems to have minimized and I did feel that the car was pulling fine in gear 3 where earlier I had to downshift to gear 2 and I observed the same behavior between gear 3 & 4. Lets wait for more feedback from the other folks who are getting the update done as well.

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    See how FCA takes help of Pandit!!!
    But still they are letting them close operations. What can be said about such management panditz at FCA
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

it's business, a tough dhanda, both for FCA India and for the likes of Pandit?:blackeye::depressed:

:watching:
    Turbothinghy and kishorekrs like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Even I felt that the drivability has become better. Also today I drove from pune to mumbai and felt that the power in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear also improved.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @PradeepM @Turbothinghy

This is so good to hear, good too that they were prompt enough in coming with a (hopefully/probable/surely?) permanent solution/improvement. However, i'd be interesting to know what the problem really was at a technical level with the 3rd gear dead-patch, that too occasional? What are the ASS guys saying, have they been told anything about the 'why' of the issue?
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    both needs each other for Dhanda then why parting ways ???
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Pandit ko kya padi hai, beyond a point? He sounds like a big multi-brand dealer-owner...with great options? Of course if sales were great, all might've been fine?

But sales aren't because.....FCA's in a 'chakravyu' in this market, one weakness on one front leads to another on another front altogether feedback looping onto yet others and the first= going round in circles, going nowhere very far at all, and that too slowly!

@dadasaheb
    dadasaheb likes this.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello prabhjot,

While I can confirm that the issue has not resurfaced so far, I assume that the issue has something to do with the timing in the ECU (which is why the update was installed). The new update should have corrected the timing of fuel+air mixture into the cylinder which is possibly allowing the burning to happen much cleaner and better eventually correcting the jerk/shudder issue or possibly the update is sending in more quantities of air+fuel after the program was altered which could be the reason why we feel that the drive-ability has improved as well to an extent. I personally think that this is not related to any mechanical error as I know FASS earlier changed the gear lever cables on a few cars which reported this issue however the issue was not fixed then. For Eg : Dr Santosh who is an member here earlier had the gear lever cable changed on his car which did not address the issue however he confirmed that the ECU update has now fixed the issue. Also I did not specifically ask for the reason behind this issue during my visit to FASS so I would request other folks who possibly would be heading to get this issue addressed to probe for the reason as it is always good to know.
    On the lighter note by no means I feel FIAT was prompt in addressing this issue as people have been reporting it from an year and they took their own sweet time to find a potential fix.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Deepak, prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.