1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : Left pulling is a very sensitive area in fiat :p if you aren't facing any pull best is to stay away. Im afraid FASS may inject the issue during WA.
    as car has run only 5k, you can do the WA at 10k.
    what about the jerk while shifting to 3rd gear? try to get a solution from FASS if you are seeing this.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, the left pulling is non-existent as of now, so I think I wouldn't touch it untill the problem comes back. That jerk is still present at 1500-2000 RPM in 3rd gear but its not frequent. Will get that checked as well. I just hope that its reproduced easily when the FASS techies check.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 22, 2015 ---
    I second that :)
    Murphy_Fiat and Deepak like this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ for the the jerking issue FIAT has no solution yet. SA mentioned that the ECU to be reloaded(software) whenever new version comes up. That might solve the problem.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i thought there is no ECU changed between GP and Evo. has it changed? Going by SA's word all the 90 HP evo should have this bug.
  5. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ I am not sure about all of the 90HP. But quite a lot of them including Avvy.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico , @Deepak : I think both Evo 90 hp and Avvy 90 hp have the same ECU tuning, but the Avvy has better gear ratios which improves the drivability.

I am sure Fiats have updated something (in ECU maybe) in Evo 90 hp when compared to GP 90 hp, otherwise this jerking issue would have present in the GPs as well.
    Deepak likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys this Saturday my Scintillator got its first service done @ 4927 kms. The overall experience was good.

1) I got the engine oil changed even though the SA was saying that it can be changed in the next service and the top up would be fine.

2) Also, got changed the oil filter and the air filter cleaned.

3) The left window had some kind of noise while rolling it up. It got resolved.

4) The driver seat was making squeaking sound when the road conditions weren't the best. Showed it and they oiled the bearings, but still it didn’t go. Went today as well and got to know that there is some problem with the spring coil in the seat and that they aren’t much aware as these seats are from new vendors. So now they have scheduled an appointment with the seat vendor in Hinjewadi for day after tomorrow. The SA would collect the vehicle from my home and deliver it after its been fixed in 2-3 hours.

5) Even though I wasn’t experiencing any noticeable left pull after they had swapped the front tyres, the SA insisted on getting the WA done. I was a little reluctant, as the left pull has been a very sensitive issue, but got it done. The result is fantastic. There was some correction made and now my Punto feels as straight as an arrow even on the highways. Lets hope it doesn’t come back to haunt me :rolleyes:.

So now after having driven my Scintillator for more than 5K kms I would like to list down my likes and dislikes.

Dislikes:

1) The ergonomics are screwed, period!! The steering is too much on the face, for which you need to push back your seat, but then it makes your hands too far from the steering. Also, this reduces the rear seat space and feels like you are sitting in Polo, Swift. I have got a good position now, but I have gone through a lot of struggle and pain :shifty:.

2) The dead turbo range (Idle-1500 RPMs) is a big pain on the inclines. Due to this kind of tuning, you need to rev it unnecessarily in the lower gears. Have got used to it though.

1) Looks. Do I need to say more :smuggrin:. It looks simply fabulous from every angle and makes you look at it again and again.

2) Superb ride and handling package with SUV kind of ground clearance. Even S-Cross has a ground clearance of 180 mm. The suspension setup is sorted.

3) All black interiors. I just love them, though the quality as some places could have been better, but again no problems from my end.

4) Excellent highway performance. That is actually where the extra 18 horses prove their worth. Even in city conditions, don’t have any problems as I have got used to it, but after 3000 RPMs its just pure bliss.

5) Engine sporty note: For many people this might be a problem. But, I really like the way 90 HP sounds at the higher RPMs, its so sporty, never thought that a diesel can sound that good.

Some pics would follow soon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 6, 2015 ---
    I forgot to mention regarding the jerking issue with third gear at 1500-2000 RPM but this issue has not been felt lately and hence this never got reproduced when the SA was checking it, so let me see if this problem comes back, so left this at this point.

Black oil being taken out from my Punto :

image.jpg
    Notice the number plates (nice coincidence):

image.jpg

Servicing done :

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Continuation from where I left:

It feels great to own this machine, for the past 3 months. Everytime I hit the road, there is a wide grin on my face :p So all the little niggles apart, it has been a great journey so far. The pandit auto is also a very patient FASS, with a lot of good people around.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, yesterday a Fiat SA came to my home, to take my 90 HP to the workshop and then to the Seat vendor to arrest the problem of the screaching sound in the driver's seat. He also delivered the car in the evening.

Today I got to drive my Scintillator, and that screaching sound has completely disappeared :D

Very happy with Pandit Auto.
    Saket Sidana, pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    nice to hear :headphone:
    just a suggestion: number plate on front looks too big on evo. you can switch to smaller plate.
    i have heard rumor(?) about Pandit Auto closing in september. Is it true?