1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @turbothingy

Just to complement/supplement your last comment on the 'left pulling issue', which if you're right about the Polo having it too, but it recieving more 'airplay' about Fiats, consider:

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-alfa-romeo-4c-coupe-2015/

The ever-witty Jeremy Clarkson, a great and consistent lover of Alfa Romeo-s, with ironic sarcasm about their un-reliability-over-the-years, of course, ironic since British cars were even worse than Italian ones when it came to that particular parameter, in fact everyone was till the Japanese esp Toyota QDR revolution: on the Alfa 4C.

It appears that its unassisted steering transmits the car's intense front road-holding so much that the driver is made all-too acutely aware of the car following the road's camber.

Exactly the 'problem' some in India have with the Linea/Punto's hydraulic steering vis-a-vis the 'issue' of following the camber, usually left-wards.

i.e., the left-pulling 'issue' is a lumping together of a whole bunch of different cases under one label: (a) hydraulic steering's honesty of feel (b) the high quality of the front suspension design on the Punto and Linea in terms of front-road-holding (also the Polo? the Fiesta?)......but also (c) the frequent slipping-out-of-alignment of the wheels due to the weight of these cars, esp on the choppy roads in India, and (d) apparently some faults on some batches of recent cars due to component calibration errors/defects, going by what @jumu as well as one other new-car owner on TFI has reported.

No?

@asimpleson @Italia-Linea : your deep engineering know-how please, if only to point out that i don't have the slightest idea what am talking about?!:p
    pegasusss and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am no expert ;), but there are so many issues, including power steering problems, memory steer due to other mechanical issues also in gearbox in some cases (sector shaft) etc.; basically everything could come under scanner. Although they could covertly ask SCs to check and fix known production issues without helping to make a hue and cry about it. :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, for the past 1 week I get a feeling that the driver's seat is tilted towards the left side. To check this I checked the front passenger seat and somehow had the same feeling. Today while driving I developed a pain on my right leg as I felt that it was also slightly bent towards the left side and while accelerating I had to make some adjustments as well. Anyone felt something like this ?
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    image.jpg
    Some magical figures :joyful:
    image.jpg

And now my scintillator not looking in a very good mood :D image.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat, pdash, Deepak and 2 others like this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    For the first time I took tank to tank reading and the MID showed a little underestimated figures :D MID showed 15.1 km/ltr whereas tank to tank showed 15.5 km/ltr. This for pleasantly surprised.

Note: These figures were taken for a trip distance of 581 kms with 80 kms on highway.
    prabhjot and pabhishek like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys. Today I got my RC but it's on paper and the person said that the smart card has been discontinued since 1.5 months. Will have to get it laminated.
    Deepak likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This weekend was kind of hectic for my Scintillator, but she obliged without any problems. On Saturday we went to Lavasa and on Sunday did another Pune-mumbai-pune.

In the Mumbai trip, I felt as if my 90 hp was on steroids, she just kept pulling and pulling. It was one of the best drives that I had till date :) The best part was the 80-140 km/hr sprint, it was so fast. Feel so happy that I went for 90 hp instead of 75 hp.

Three most important ladies in my life :
    image.jpg
    My Scintillator has completed ~4300 kms in 78 days and was thinking of getting her serviced at the start of next month. Any pointers for the first service? Should I get the engine oil topped up or changed totally?

While driving on the expressway :
    image.jpg
    pdash, Deepak and ghodlur like this.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy : good going buddy. you are calling Scintillator 'She' ? ;) i would rather call 'he' for the sheer power it has got :)
    regarding the engine oil change : its better to change the oil. IMO first initial running is critical for the entire life of engine. metallic parts inside engine rub each other leaving slurry like waste.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well when guys care about someone, its better for that 'someone' to be 'she' :), because then that 'someone' would be pampered more :D

On the engine oil thing, even I thought so, would get the engine oil changed. Apart from that, should I get the WA/WB done, even though I am not facing any pull problem after my front tyres were swapped?
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Warning ;)
    Once you start driving Fiat Cars for Just Driving Then you cant stop. Addiction Guaranteed
    Enjoy
    PradeepM likes this.