1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur: The service guy 'Salman' said that the WA/WB shops don't have the updated values of alignment and that they also got those values 3-4 weeks ago. Also he said that for new fiat cars the WA/WB isn't done even once..good knows why :eek:

The test drive of Abarth hasn't started. The guy said that it's here for some check up. I so much wanted to sit inside and as the seats are looking awesome..property sports seat.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    this is really shocking :( who is supposed to do WA/WB then? dealer?
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The factory is responsible for ensuring that new cars rolled out of the factory will have the proper WA/WB done, followed by a certificate showing the reading which is supposed to be used for future alignment/balancing.

I had literally fought with the Thane Fiat dealer for the same and also wrote to Fiat India. Unfortunately did not get any response from Fiat nor the dealer. I still have the factory WA/WB readings for my earlier Ford Fiesta.
    Deepak likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    According to the workshop guys the suspension of evo 90 hp has been tweaked a little bit and the updated WA numbers were given to them only a month ago. Maybe that's why they didn't do the alignment from the factory?
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    So you mean to say that Fiat rolled out the Evo 90 HP from the factory with old readings and sent the new ones to the dealer. Find it hard to gulp.

According to Fiat and Fiat dealer themselves (Last time when I argued), there are only two sets of readings - one for pre GC upgrade models and one for post GC upgrade models i.e one for pre 2012 and one for post 2012 models. So what has essentially changed in Evo from Grande models is not very much clear then. The wheel base for both of them are still the same. Fiat need to clear some air here.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    if its just about giving new reading values to the FASS, fiat would have solved this Left pull issue by now. i think its bigger than that.
    almost every new Fiat suffers by this :( hope Fiat come up with a solution soon.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Deepak

I know several that don't. Not least my own new Linea t-jet!

It is surely an issue, one that needs Fiat's proper intervention.

Am only saying that it may not be as 'common' as you're thinking, and in many cases may not be an issue at all (eg., misapprehension caused by the hydraulic steering, tyre rotation etc).
    Deepak likes this.
  8. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    This left pulling ghost is scaring not only the existing owners but the future buyers also :nailbiting:. Seems prechecks aren't mandatory in Fiat factory.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kgramesh : ahh, no! left pulling is definitely not a deal breaker. considering the pros and cons of FIAT against any brand, i would go for FIAT anytime :)
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  10. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    IMO not only Fiats, any new/factory fresh car should run straight and true. If it doesn't its a defect as simple as that. No amount of so called 'steering feel' etc is involved here as the car is going straight. Yes undulations of the road can effect the direction but the driver will more or less know if the car is pulling/based towards a certain direction when driving on all kinds of roads over a period of time. I personally know of prospective owners who do read forums quite regularly and this was a deal breaker for them. Pity that Fiat makes such wonderful cars but plagues them with niggling issues.
    prabhjot likes this.