1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yup. And another thing that I noticed was by default the steering is is tilted towards left. Let me get it checked and then will update you.
    Also, driving to Mumbai isn't a task at all, in fact i look forward to it. And if Pandit Auto isn't able to fix it then I am definitely going to bother you :playful:
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @asimplson pandit did their best to solve the problem and solved the problem round 90% as per Pragal.

They have chnged the steering rack of his Linea and problem resolved.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    many puntos/linea struggle with left pull issue :(
    some have found the solution and some are still struggling. Is there any thread for 'Left pulling issue' in this forum ? may be we can start a dedicated thread to discuss the problem and solution.
    @kedarbendre , @prabhjot @gurjinder @nkrishnap @asimpleson : your views please.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Camber, Castor and toe need to be right. Maybe there are other angles like the one you mentioned, like the steering rack and pinion issue or maybe ball joints, connecting rods etc..??
    @Deepak, wheel alignment is discussed to some extent. I am not sure this deserves special thread. But if more people wish like please decide accordingly.
    kedarbendre and Deepak like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Are we even sure just how often a genuine left-pulling issue exists? I get the sense that not a few such reports (not the ones on Tfi) entail a mis-apprehension based on the feelsome-ness of the hydraulic steering to roads that are cambered to the left. Some of the actual issues seem to be resolved by tyre rotation and/or alignment/balancing. While a few seem to be more involved cases.

The point is: am unsure just how common this issue is, and how much of an issue it is when it is (percieved to be)?

My Dad's 2009 Linea seemed to have a slight pull, but that turned out to be mis-apprehension based on hydraulic steering-effect. My 2014 Linea doesn't have the issue, neither does our G Punto mjd.

Of course some pukka cases like @aramico 's seem to lately be cropping up notably, and often enough, and so your doubt is valid. @Deepak , by all means start such a thread, it'd be useful enough either way?
    Turbothinghy and Deepak like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That's exactly my point. This is an issue not related to manufacturing. Although once in a while there could be batches which had more issues than other. But its such a mechanical or electro-assisted mechanical problem solving, which has sure shot solutions. If only the problem is located. Roads can be responsible too for that extra pull effect as you mentioned aptly.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aseem,

Almost every new Fiat car owner experiences this left pulling issue. So should be probably a factory issue only. Either they despatch the vehicle without WA/WB expecting the dealer to do it before delivery or they do it but keep the readings on the allowable limits so that the final adjustments can be done later.

I remember asking the dealer for the factory certificates related to WA/WB and was categorically told that there exists none. The inspection certificate compensates for all such testings. And we know what QA/QC Fiat follows, we have experienced it when it comes to spares.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson , @prabhjot, @ghodlur : Yesterday I tried testing the 'left pulling' issue by driving on the opposite side of the road for some 500 m but i didnt notice the left pull. But by default I have noticed that the steering is tilted towards left side. I didn't get a chance to visit FASS today and I called Mr Rahul Jadhav who seems to be an expert in Pandit Auto workshop and told him about the issue, he asked me to get the car to the workshop and he will get it solved, I plan to visit tomorrow or day after.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys. I took my Punto to the workshop today to get the left pulling thing checked. They said that it's not severe and that some cars have a lot of left pull so thought of getting the alignment checked along with suspension in 1000-1500 kms when it will be time for my first service. They swapped the front tyres for now and now things are better.

Also at the workshop saw a not so well kept Abarth 500 (595 competizone). Following are the snaps :

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1382.jpg
    Saket Sidana, prabhjot and varunrtr like this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I would suggest not to neglect the left pull, can affect the inside of the tyres. Take the car to a well reputed WA/WB shop and get it done. Another imp thing, during every WA/WB, get the wheels balance before they are swapped and swapping should always be front to back. I hope you must have taken care of the same.

Why didnt you ask for the test drive of the Abarth? Then a sticker could be put - "Verified by TFI"