1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Scintillator: Now remapped by Viezu

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @Saket Sidana. I always reset trip A while traveling from home to office and vice-versa. Earlier I wasn't getting more than 12-13 but it has increased gradually.

Driving position is still a concern. I have ordered a lumbar support cushion for my 90 hp for now.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hey guys...my Scintillator got shampood today :) here are some snaps though couldn't take a lot of pics..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2015 ---
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2015, Original Post Date: May 17, 2015 ---
    A better look :)

image.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2015 ---
    A better look under light :D
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Turbothinghy

A ravishing apparition of a red-Italian car (they way you're imaged it), no? Or rather, yeah!!!:D
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy

I realize this is a late time to congratulate you but seeing your love for this car, let me do it anyway. Many congratulations on the purchase of a simply gorgeous car in the most stimulating color possible. Even I was about to get the Red Evo before deciding on the Red Avventura. This color really makes heads turn. I wish you many many years of enjoyable driving.

Regarding the lumbar support, that item you have purchased should help you. But you may have to tilt the seat back a bit as an upright position with it will curve your back too much. Experiment a bit and you should get a good position.

On the 3M car care, I just got the wash and wax done. I wax my car regularly but after the long drive to Hampi and back, there was too much bug blood and tar splattered on the car which had dried up also. It was very tough to wash away and I had no energy in this Hyderabad summer. So I decided to go to 3M and they did a wonderful job for the basic package itself. They shampooed the exterior and used various sprays to remove the sap and tar. Then waxed it. The interiors were also vaccuumed properly. Tyre gel was applied and the alloys were cleaned. I couldn't have asked for more for 1290. Now I can continue to clean with ONR and wax at regular intervals. So you could do the same. Since your car is new, if there are not too many swirl marks, you can wash and wax at 3M. Do not take the underbody anticorrosion treatment because I think Fiat does a very good job out of the factory itself.

Cheers mate. Awesome car, awesome photos and dedicated ownership. Keep it coming.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @Vidhyashankar Kannan. If I remember correctly I was also a little late to congratulate on your beauty.. So now we are even :D
    I love Avventura for the following things :

1) Better front seats IMO
    2) Rugged and looks raw yet a head turner...reminds of palio adventure
    3) Better gear ratios that aids to better drivability when compared to 90 hp
    4) Even stronger suspension set up made to withstand a lot of abuse

But it was out of my budget. At the most I could have afforded the active trim and I didn't want the office guards to play with the rear setup everyday for checking the boot.

The lumbar support is treating me better but still don't feel totally at peace. Don't know if the problem is in me, I guess I should start exercising :rolleyes:

The 3M 1290 package sounds good for all what it offers. Would try it. Thanks for the heads up.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2015 ---
    People I got reverse parking camera + sensors fitted from Fiat today for 7k. Will post the pics tomorrow.

Got all the 4 sensors colored to red and the sensors along with the camera were drilled on the rear bumper.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys. Today did a pune - mumbai trip. It was a great drive once again. Was maintaining 110-120 km/hr and took to 150-160 in between. But once when was cornering at around 80 km/hr ( old mumbai pune highway) I got a bit nervous as the rear tyres lost their grip, was I expecting a lot from my Punto or should I get anything checked :(
    Also I felt that my 90 hp was pulling to the left. To check it I left the steering on its own when I was cruising at 100 km/hr and it was pulling towards left. Should I get the wheel alignment checked?

The good part : The whole trip was 300+ kms and I managed to get 18 km/ltr FE :D

Awaiting your suggestions.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Left pulling is common phenomena in FIAT cars and it cursed FIAT cars since 2010. I don’t know what is the reason but I am sure you cannot resolve the problem 100%.

One of the TFI member Pragalbh Bhandari who owns Punto 90HP and Linea Tjet also facing the same problem with his Linea “left Pulling” and he tried to sort out the problem at Pandit but managed to resolve the issue to around 90%.
    Do tyre rotation and balancing, alignment and may be your problem will be sorted out.

Regarding mileage front. Don’t worry about it and enjoy the drive to fullest.

If driven with light foot you may get nice mileage. I got 28.7 kmpl on Solapur Pune stretch in my Grande Punto 90HP.
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Might I invite any member who complains of such to RS Motors just in case it does not get solved. I assure you it will, maybe it will take 2-3 visits. But it will. Its a very strange thing that an SC like Pandit cannot solve left pulling issue. Surely the suspension setup, tie-rod ends etc. need a thorough check.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Let me get the alignment and balancing checked and tyre rotation done at FASS and then will think of the next steps accordingly :rolleyes:

FE isn't much of a problem for me. I guess 17-18 km/ltr with 100% AC is decent though your FE figures are simply spectacular. The problem is that on the highway I am not able to drive with light foot :D
    --- Double Post Merged, May 25, 2015 ---
    Thanks @asimpleson. Let me get it checked at FASS first and then will let you know.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Take your time. I don't expect at all for you to drive down to Mumbai for such issue. ;) Although I would like you to know its not impossible to fix such issues. Surely someone at Pandit must be expert enough to reach the root of such problems. Car pulling to sides is not good.