1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Punto - Now in Canary Yellow...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by jiji, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very happy to share with fellow Fiatian's, my car has clocked around 62,000KM and the fun really doesn't stop!!! Got it serviced today it's first PAID service, totaling a bill of 19,000/-. Parts replacement made bill so high, original Fiat battery gave it's last particle charge last week, changed the front left wheel hub assembly cos it got loosened and came off when driving. Hopefully nothing happened.
    Nearly three years i have been owing Grande Punto. My suggestions to Fiat after having spend so much driving and sometimes sleeping in the car :p, update the dashboard, put on some new equipment (new OE stereo, GPS, new MID), increase rear seat leg room slightly, don't overdo cosmetic changes. A blackened out headlights and clear tail lamps will make it much more sexier. I am satisfied with the power and mileage even after 60K but then power we can have lots right :p . Thinking of getting a tuning box to catch up with bigger cars on highway runs ;-). And new set of tyres for that extra grip. Body rattling, vibrations are virtually don't exist. After my observation of Fiat Punto for the past three years and based on testimonials by various sources Fiat Punto 2009 models the very first Punto's to hit the roads are still the best one there is. Observations are- Parts quality difference; the new cars be it 2011 or 2012 feels lacks the feel of old models. Feels spartan when touched. Even the light stalks click is way different. Brake calipers are much simple and easy to remove mounts in new cars. Braking efficiency, feedback is different in both cars. Old ones are very complicated assembly and different brake pads for new and old. Quality of products are cheaper, my cars brake rotors was replaced due to wear and tear. My friends car only being done 18K has almost similar wear and tear, and another Punto which has done 30K same wear. Cheaper product for mass production results these quality issues.
    In no way I am saying that people who has cars after 2009 are cheaper products, but my observations first ones on the road has that extra quality to convince customers to draw there attention. And I am happy to have the Italian beauty. Between 6 months a bill of 16,000 for service is tolerable for it gives back every bit of driving pleasure it can till it's breath. It always is twice the car than other posers out there :). Grande Punto.
    2 people like this.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Oops. Did the tyre also came out when the hub got loosened? Thats a very dangerous thing to happen. Do we need to check the hub and tighten if needed?
  3. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yup it did...do check it..
  4. Jiji Sir,

Your Punter looks handsome and hot in red color.
  5. LaTour

LaTour

Chennai
    @jiji,
    Great car and a great write up. Your upgrades are awesome! Btw, I liked your way of putting it out across to the FIAT management to improve things on their Punto. Cheers!
  6. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ferrari1234 Thank You Sir,

@LaTour Thanks man.
  7. Not sir,I m just 15 years only sir.
  8. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey all ,
    My car currently completed 80,000K. Some parts issues apart I m happy. I present some mods I have gone through. First one is a DIY headlight smoking with Italian Flag incorporated and second on is DRL incorporated in stock headlights and painted the lensos gold!!

563463_533118680071711_1403847605_n.jpg

1010755_590315447685367_107958503_n.jpg

1011186_10151676198032445_121080372_n.jpg
    4 people like this.
  9. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello everyone, after a break i am posting again in TFI. I am glad to inform all of the Fiat owners in Trivandrum that I have joined Mohandas Fiat as Customer Relation Manager. So please don't hesitate to ask for any help or doubts. The love for the car and brand opened a career and i took the opportunity. So I hope i can address to every issue and solve all the issues diplomatically. :)

IMG_3704 1.jpg
    6 people like this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the new role jiji. :)