1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Punto - Now in Canary Yellow...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by jiji, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ajit Thanks for the compliments.If you have a red car go for white stripes and for white vice versa. Black stripes will be odd.:confused: I will not be changing tyres...let it go bald and will change to something more low profile. ;)
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    jiji what strips you guys are talking about. I am not able to see pics
  3. Yeah .. mine is red .. so let me put white strips over this weekend . Also when you drilled down the number plates @ front how did you hide the holes that was drilled @ thecustom center position? any sticker ?

Ajit
  4. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kedar pics are there in the posts. I have uploaded via photobucket everyone else can view it right?
    @Ajit i masked of the company drilled holes with a red sticker.

IMG_5319.jpg
    IMG_5315.jpg

Punto with new shoes
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2011-11-24.jpg

the different alloys that i have been through 2 years.:D Thought that this picture will be cool
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    your ride is cool. i still have not managed one pair of alloys.
  7. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After an exciting trip to the land of the desert i am back. Got the chance to work part-timely for an Automobile Magazine, being there test driver and review correspondent/ photographer. The days went by smoothly although i was actually there for job hunting yikes...;). Well after the usual rush of the things I did a market study about Fiat cars over there in UAE. Sadly only Fiat 500 is available there. That too was rare to see on the road , but in a used auto market i saw a Fiat Punto old one with tail lights that of an Inidica, a Fiat Bravo and Panda. I inquired why Fiat wasn't selling there other models over there, and i found out no proper marketing that too for the 500 and Fiat Spa has no intentions of making the current showroom separate from that of a Proton!!. Can you believe that? They just don't want whole wide world domination but come on, UAE all other companies have there hatchbacks VW Golf GTi, R32, Scirocco. Mini Coopers, Audi A3 , BMW 1, and a whole lot; a line up of Fiat Bravo and Punto Abarth will be interesting. Add an Alfa Giulietta (it uses same platform as a Bravo and Fiat has a lucky shot over there.) Seems like Fiat needs some people who love Fiat in the upper management for brand promotions and campaigns.
    As for my story when i came back i found the car in a respectable good shape, dad carried out some washing duties every sunday :D, rest was a long list, the front wiper washer cowl on the bonnett some how managed to flew off, battery was weak cos the car only got a run every sunday above that it's been two hefty years with HID's, DRL's and a power drinking ICE so normal wear and tear will be replacing that soon. Thinking of Smartwaxing my car, any suggestion or has anyone else done it? Will be putting in some miles this weekend, myself haven't yet drove that much on my new alloys and tyres. Small city runs are there now, I can say that the bigger profile really has given a more comfy ride, but steering at low speeds is a lil vague will get back with the review of the new tyre and alloys soon. Ciao
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    recently heard petes smarwax ing point was started at kannamoola. here s the fb page.. contact that guy..
    Pete's Smartzone | Facebook
  10. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Varunrtr, I got in touch with the smartwax guy some how expensive and i have found another way of making the car shine. Myself and my associates we bought a polisher and some imported wax. :) will post pics after the work is done.

So about the tyres, last week i had a small trip to Kothamanglam (235km). First thing is first the tyres provide oddeles of comfort. Just soaks up most of the imperfections of the road. Downside is noise after 120km/hr. It is bearable , but some what not satisfactory. Because of the bigger diameter of the wheel 16inch and the bigger profile of the tyre (205/60 16) steering was hard with providing lazy feedback. But I think a lower profile will make it more sharp than 15 inchers. After some mile munching I have got the hang of it, the tyres were properly run in and the lazy feedback was less. I learned that throwing around corners was as much as fun as before. Though the tyres screeched a lot more than before, a grin appeared on my face everytime i hear those screeching.. :) It was controllable the car never stepped out of line , it was plonked to the road like a phython!! Still a more less profile will improve the agilty of the car. I will not be upgrading soon so have to be happy with what i have got :p. Rest of the repairs are getting done the wiper washer cowl and the battery is fully charged and working fine.

Just cos myself took a Punto now in my friend circle we have got 5 Grande Punto's including mine. They all heard my explanation of how great it looks, handling, braking etc..etc..and they all have driven my car short distance or be on the highway. When themselve they felt the joy alas they have joined the Fiat family. :) I ll post a pic of the 5 cars soon. I am really happy for my friends cos after they bought it just like me, they are also having limitless fun/ :)
    Tha cars are 4 Emotion 1.3MJD- 2 Bossa Nova White, 1 Wine Red, 1 Exotica Red.
    1 Emotion Pack 1.3 MJD 90hp Exotica Red. (sadly in workshop for two moths after devastating accident will be ready soon we think )
    2 people like this.