1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Punto - Now in Canary Yellow...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by jiji, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: My red Punto

Hey i just revamped my iCE set up. Installed Hertz ESK 550 component speaker system in rear. I ll upload some pics soon. And they are great!!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

By far one of the most interesting threads on TFI, Cheers!
  3. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

@vroom thanks....

A little update as i said earlier new speakers are really good...now enjoying more sound!!!! :). The model is ESK 165, i got them wrong in the previous post. My baby clocked 22500KM today. Still going strong, little bit of noises inside the cabin, the tires Yokohamas are really good...apart from the hard ride. Only thing that bugs me now that fuel consumption in city the MID is showing 13.5 to 15.6 km/l. On long highway runs it s showing 19.8 to 21.3km/l. So my question is there this much difference in city to higway. From my knowledge it s really rare or non existent!! I hope some body in TFI can share some lime light into this.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Yes i think. my MJD gives 14-15 in Kochi city drives and from 19-22 in highways
  5. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

I am currently getting around 12-13 within city.. Its too much traffic everyday office - home viceversa

Cheers,
    Vroom
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

My experience on FE is mixed. ::pP
    The best ever for a "complete trip" I got was 21.7 which was inside city without AC. Traffic was moderate and I was driving sedately at around 50-60kmph
    In general I get around 16-18kmpl with in city with AC on 50% of the time and 18-20kmpl for long trips (mixed highway and city 50/50) with AC on all the time.
  7. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

Seems like everyone is getting the same FE figures.
  8. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hey everyone after a while i m posting. The car has done around 28000KMS, no major issues faced, fill it up with diesel and enjoy the drive..only thing starting to bother is FE. Other than that i can t find a decent wheel balancing shoppe here in TVM. Everywhere i have been to they have checked my alloy wheels and balanced them the car vibrates unusually when it touches 110km/h and it continues to do so as the speed increases. From shop to shop they are blaming each other, and no one rectifying the problem!!! :sadblue Also i want to know what will be the estimate cost of 30000KM service can anyone share any info?
  9. jiji

jiji Amatore

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi everyone almost missing in action for an year and i m back.... :p My baby has completed around 46,000 KM till date. It s currently in service center + for some accident repair. For the past two years the fun has never stopped with my Grande Punto. It has taken me , my family and my friends from Trivandrum to Kasargoad all the way through coast line and high ranges ranging from Vagamon to Idukki to Wayanad. For the interstate runs Chennai is regular, Banglore once or twice. The car never seems to get tired of these hectic runs... :). From all these careless and totally carefree runs the problems seems to be minimal. The car's front left side strut seems to give away on every 15,000KM service!! ::pP Tyres have taken there maximum punishment. Tyres Yokohama ES-100 has almost lost all of it s grip only center thread remains.(they say it s because i m carving up corners duh...then wat else should i do in a Punto!!!!) Vibrations at 120Km/hr..that seems to smooth out when it touches 140km/hr. The balancing issues has been solved so i think the strut mount or bush is to blame.

Last year my car has got into lot of accidents. The repairs are major and minor. Most of them scratches and dents. Major ones included me hitting a scooter..which braked suddenly in front of me, zero time to react..the lady fell over no injuries..the punto had a gaping hole in the bumper on the left side..fog lamp was in peaces, wiper washer reservoir broken...i thought that would be the major hit of my life...well nope.. ;) around two days back i was in Thrissur, on a steep descent i was stuck in a traffic block. In front of me was my uncle's Fortuner with all the skirting and everything it looked liked it could eat everything :p . Well as we were crawling down the hill, we came to a stop and i stopped about 10 feet above from the Fortuner. After the royal lunch and the deserts i was feeling a lil bit sleepy :)... i put it into neutral and forgot the parking brake.!!! for one second my eyes closed...bam...thud....the car rolled into the back of the fortuner..i woke up...i thought oh just a lil hit nothing to worry...when i got out to check...the headlamp was in pieces, bonnet broken bumper gone again, and the horn too.... :-( most probably i ll get my car back in a week after all the repairs... still sad :-(

One more update, i ve bought new alloy wheels. The tyre upgrade of my Punto goes like this.
    Stock steel rims 175/60 R 14 Bridgestone Potenza
    Neo alloy wheels model Venom R 14' same stock tyres
    Neo alloy wheels model Extreme R 15" 195/60 R15 Yokohama AVS-ES 100
    Lenso SHU R 16" 205/60 R16 JK Tyre Vectra
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hey jiji.. your posts are very interesting to read as always :) please post some pictures of your punto with the latest alloys if
    you have