1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Punto - Now in Canary Yellow...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by jiji, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    HI guys i have been a TFian for about a month. I own a Exotica Red Punto Emotion 1.3MJD. I got my car last year on my birthday October 20. before Punto we had our first one Fiat Padmini, Maruti Omni, Zen, Ambassador, again a new Omni, then a Tata Indica and now Grande Punto. Among the cars we owned the first Fiat was the most memorable one, our first car, my dad learned driving in that car. And we had that car for about 10 years and we sold it off to scrap. :sad1 bad idea!!! So when it was time i got to choose a car i choose Punto. I did my research on Punto for about 3 months. Reading reviews from internet and comparing it against other cars like Swift,i20,Fabia. From all of these i found out Punto was the best looking,best handling and comfier than all the other ones. ::D After my first test drive i was amazed with the car s handling characteristics, and it was my first diesel car, so the little boost of the turbo near 2000RPM excited me!!! We booked it on Sep 21st 2009 and it was delivered on Oct 20th. Till then the fun has never stopped!!! The car kinda grows on you, the features that we see in Punto and Linea are just amazing, when driving a Fiesta or Swift i am giggling inside it had got no milege calculator, no time or date display, flimsy light stalks :mischievous . but then there are things like plastic quality,lack of spare parts. Still 15000km service interval is great. So i am happy, not happy blessed to have a red hot italian hatch :clapping .
    Punto the Fun Never Stops!!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Congrats

Nice to see all the old Padmini(Licensed model of FIAT1100) owners coming back to FIAT, and not surprised by the feeling they get when they drive a new FIAT. Cause all true FIAT fans know how it feel like. :dance
    Happy FIATing jiji, please do post some pics of your car, it looks superb in the small avatar pic.
  3. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: My red Punto

@Sujith Thomas
    I am trying to buy a Fiat Padmini, but it seems like those are now collectibles!!! Here are some pics.
    _MG_2785.jpg
    _MG_2786.jpg
    _MG_2784.jpg
    L3Egp3Sxk0dqtl3F9Anx7n4fnyV7A1fQkCszjjdvCmDbNbo8znRV5YqjrA1XrD0Am1T1UH8LQ1IWDJbkaTVtKqn_XWnUTfhZ.jpg
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Oomph is the word here jiji! Great looking alloys. Although I don't agree with the front number plate mod, yet a "hat ke" idea. Where did you get the body graphics? Did I say congrats?
    1 person likes this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Great pics jiji.Waiting to see your new tyres in action. ::T
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

phew ! Great alloys. Which brand?. Not seen this model anywhere so far. You painted it red?
  7. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Looks smashing and I love those alloys...Congrats n have a safe ride all along !
  8. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3

Congrats Jiji on your Punto, enjoy & drive safe.

I saw the Punto blocks are under Punto logo; how you did it or its customized?
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

Congrats,Welcome to TFI
    Oomph,your punto looks just like Mallika Sherawat!