1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Italian Stallion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by Lineaman, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Lineaman

Lineaman

Bangalore
    My Delivery experience and first drive:

I got my first Fiat car, F Red color Fiat Linea Petrol 1.4 Ltr. At the time of delivery I was able to check the basic controls and features of the car. The car looked gorgeous, couldn't stop admiring it, as they say "Admiration gaurenteed". My 5year old son who is a car crazy, could not control himself when I said this is our car. He was literally jumping and shouting repeatedly "we brought a Linea"

The trip meter read 55kms, which I felt was ok. I found a paper lying in the car, which carried a date as 13th Jul, not sure if it was Mfg date or transport date. I was told that there is no way to find out the month of manufacturing. Any suggestions here?

The seats were still in plastic covers, all the floor mats were laid. I checked out under the bonet and found that the engine, battery etc was spick and span. I check out several features, like my car, all lights(head lights, fog lamps), horn, Power windows, Automatic ORVMs, driver seat height adjust, trunk, glove compartment etc. Since the airbags were absent there was an additional closed compartment at the front passenger side.

I was satisfied with the state of the car. The sun film was put just few minutes ago and there were few air bubbles which were removed quickly.

I set the speed alarm at 60, on my way back home I activated it once :) couldn't control my self really. My drive back home was smooth, felt comfortable in the seat (I am 6ft tall), I actaully felt uncomfortable in several cars. The steering was smooth and gear changing was ok. One thing that I kept getting confused was with respect to side indicator control (which is on the wrong side for the Linea). I actually activated wiper several times when I wanted to turn on the indicator.

2nd Day:
    My wife and son have peeped from Balcony and seen our Linea about 20 times ::D. Today morning the trip meter read 98kms. Had another ride into the city today, the AC felt good, drive was comfortable. During the course of the day I got the door open warning, found that the left door was not closed properly. I felt the pull was inadequate couple of times in 3rd gear. End of the day meter reading was 162kms.

Overall happy with the car and its performance. Will post more experiences as they come by.

Thanks
    Vinay Krishna M
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check this thread, VIN will give you idea of month/year of manufacture of the car - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=182&p=5295&hilit=vin#p1246
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats and welcome to the FIAT club,happy motoring
    Only 20 times??!!!,I've done that 200 times!
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Heartiest welcome to you and your Fiat Linea, Vinay Krishna.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard Vinay, Looking forward to read more about your car and do share pictures of your new car. Have a happy stay.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Welcome to TeamFiat, Vinay

While you're busy admiringly looking at your Linea, I suggest take some time out & post pics & ownership report ::D
  7. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Vinay,

Congrats man on your New Linea F Red. Awaiting pictures of your Italian Stallion.
  8. Lineaman

Lineaman

Bangalore
    I have not got an opportunity to take pictures of my Red Stallion, I am planning to do it tomorrow.

Here is what I have in mind regarding the music system:
    Budget 25K (max)
    1. Pioneer DVH-4190SD Head Unit (11,000rs)
    2. Hertz speakers 120W (6" & 5.1/8") 2600 & 2400
    3. I wanted to fit 9" TFT drop down monitor(4500Rs). However I observed that it obstructs the rear view hence the plan to go for Headrest monitors(9000rs for a pair).

Total 25,000Rs

I am open to suggestions as long as the budget is not exceeded. ::V

I would like to fit a reverse parking system
    My options are:
    1. Xenos CMOS night vision & IR Reverse Camera + 3.5" TFT monitor (2200+3500)
    2. Internal mirror mount TFT display + Reverse Camera (4500rs)

Additionally I would like to fit a 2-sensor system (approx 2000rs) with one of the above systems.

Any other recommendations are most welcome.
  9. lineaman , congrats on your purchase even i own a 1.4 Dynamic F Red. waiting for some pics !!!
  10. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Ohhh Man it is really a big list. Congrats for your Red beauty.