1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Red Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 MJD (Emotion)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sujit508, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    They may be playing with the plastic ball, But it cannot be the ball causing damage. must be the bat flew from their hands and hit the glass? Check with other glass vendors like windshield experts for their quote.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Janarthana S K

Just as I was about to congratulate you on the Evo, I read about the smashed rear windscreen. Sorry to hear about the loss. I would suggest to get the windshield replaced from FASS or Windshield Experts, but ensure that the sealing is perfect.

Enjoy the ride in the Evo.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @@Janarthana S K: Very sorry to hear this bro. Maybe you should ask the kid's parents to pay at least half the bill, and as @ghodlur said, its better to get it done at FASS.
  4. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi All,
    Thanks for all your suggestions and kind responses. My neighbor was kind enough to accept and bear the entire cost. He said he will pay after I get it done, so I am not going to claim insurance for this. I inquired with windshield experts, but didn't a quote from them. They said they will check and get back but did not hear back from them.

Then I called RDC fiat's service and after some delay they got back saying they have the windshield in stock and told they will replace it for an approximate cost of around 3500+/- (didn't tell me the exact cost). But they also asked me to come to their Ambattur workshop. I was confused to get different rates from 2 Fiat service centers itself. So I made a call to fiat India to understand why this is the case. They were not very responsive at all. They just said they don't have the rates and for that I will have to get in touch with the dealer directly (didn't help much). Then I called Ramkay fiat again and asked them why there is such a huge difference in the rates between 2 fiat service centers itself. They said the 6500/- they quoted was just an approximate rate and when I asked them how much will it be exactly, they came back saying it will be 4300/- + taxes. This is also the rate I saw in another thread on "Rear Windshield". And since Ramkay is also closer to my place I decide to go for it. Also I wasn't sure what the RDC guys will do and didn't get the exact cost also.

I have left the car at Ramkay Fiat and they have told that they will give it tomorrow. Thank you all for your inputs.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats @Janarthana S K and sorry for the rear windshield break... Same thing happened to me 2yrs back my front windshield got damaged during night... I dont know how and i left in fass for the replacement with insurance and i payed 1000 rs and total was something around 4k...

Anyway happy motoring and keep away ur car from the kids ;-)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 7, 2015 ---
    Congrats @Janarthana S K and sorry for the rear windshield break... Same thing happened to me 2yrs back my front windshield got damaged during night... I dont know how and i left in fass for the replacement with insurance and i payed 1000 rs and total was something around 4k...

Anyway happy motoring and keep away ur car from the kids ;-)
    prabhjot likes this.