1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My punto's Tusan wine shade is getting dull.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sanfiat, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    Did you read Sathya's thread? He got car detailing in 3M chennai. You try to find such detailing shop in your city (3M is good) and they can surely restore your car back to original.
    One thing i was advised by TASS not to get polishing done using machine as the edges/bent have very little coat of paint and if the guy is not expert might spoil it.
    1 person likes this.
  2. smlakshman

smlakshman

Bangalore
    What about OB/Red/BNW? Is it needed more care to maintain?
  3. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    I think any dark color will need more care since dirt and scratches/swirl marks are easily spotted on it than on light colors. you may not clean your SBB and still looks manageable for quite sometime, but this is not possible for black, TW or BS.

Also its good to care/maintain your car...it will look great on roads and after all we all love it no matter what color it is ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    for a professional car detailing.

contact nirmal from bangalore(9916120561,9449014454)

nirmal is actually a software guy who does detailing on weekends.

Exterior Detailing at your doorstep : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore) - Team-BHP

i got all products from them.....you can give your baby with eyes closed..

so professional and will explain you everything..

they use only professional products(tested)

actually i went to them for detailing but bought all kits worth Rs 35000.
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks.....will try this too...Will try anything to restore the Wine complexion of my sweetheart.....
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    First of all you need to find out if the car is being washed with hard water. This maybe the only reason you are finding the colour going dull. You can get the paint restored back with a detailer but things may go back to where they were if you continue using hard water to wash your car.
  7. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Try post some pictures to get clear idea of fadeness.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    You can take it to either 3m or Bosch in your city. They will restore it nicely and then you can wash and wax regularly.
  9. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Team memebers,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I managed to get a Jopasu duster and i must admit it does a real good job. Dusting off the exteriors looks so easy now. Alos i have stated to wax my car once a week with Formula 1 carnauba wax. So im not feling real bad about the earlier issues.
    My only concern : Will Jopasu duster loose it's quality after a mild wash as stated. Should i wash it mild with a detergent?.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Waxing once a week is not required. Waxing once in 2-3 months is more than enough. Don't use same cloth for body and glass. The wax will make your viper's action less effective. Use newspaper for glass. Cheap and effective.