1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My punto's Tusan wine shade is getting dull.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sanfiat, Apr 11, 2012.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have a Tuscan wine punto. It's justa year old and though the color was so dashing when i bought it, i find it getting duller each day.
    I get it washed and all regularly but that doesnt seem to be working much. Im not sure if they wax it properly ' caus ei en dup giving the vehicle in the morning and then collect it back on return in evening. Dont have the luxury of space to wash it myself at home. Maybe the guy who does the regular car cleaning job for the colony is messing up the whol ething too....Suggest me what i can do to restore the shine and keep it that way.......Problem with the color is it shows even a light layer of dust and dried up water spots very significantly......help
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

hi sanfiat
    yes, you are very true.this is one of the tufest colour to maintain its virginity.yet i am maintaining it past 2 years.

methods to follow
    1.use only jopasu duster to wipe off dust.

2.never keep wet after washing,dry wipe it with 3m cloth immediately.even just unwipped for 10 minutes will leave you water marks.

3.never park with leaving dusty layer as it will attract kids to perform dust art,eventually left with swirl marks.

4. cover the car immediately,

5.use mother's top coat every 15 days,as i got this from nirmal(team-bhp) from bangalore,who do detailing in bangalore and i learned from him.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey..thanks there.
    Is this Jopasu duster u mentioned available in regular accessory stores...any specific brand?

Mother's coat...is it a wax kinda thing?
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

hmm mother's top coat is a wax,

it will form a layer of 7 micron over clear coat,thus forming a sacrificial layer preventing swirl marks,protecting from uv rays as well.

why mother's?

product came after through R&D,

jopasu duster can be bought online through e-bay,further PM teky.he will help you.

also please do mention your geographical location in your profile.
  5. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Jopasu is available on ebay.in. I use Jopasu and its amazing - remember that you should not wash et al even when it is dirty (though it is written you can wash with mild detergent). you can use vacuum cleaner to clean it when it is excessive dirty. I cover my everyday, polish with carnauba wax (dont use any wax with has silicon in it) every 15 -20 days. Waxing repells water and dust to a greater extent. You will not require washing the car when you do these things. Jopasu itself is great thing to use for everyday cleaning.

And moreover I dont allow my car cleaning guy to wash the car or even wipe it. They will use just ordinary cloth to clean it. Using wet cloth on dirt may produce swirl marks on your car so just tell him to wash the alloys and mud flaps.
  6. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Yes the guy washing the car is atlly damaging th car paint if you have constrain of space and time you cann take i to 3m they do a pretty good job in getting the paint to its original shine else if you want to do i yourself then you can use maguires products

Maguires squirl x remover then a coat of Ultimate Polish and ultimate Wax or NXT wax 2.0
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I would strongly suggest you to take the car to some professional detailers. They should be able to bring back the paint finish to what it was when new. Thereafter, it is all about maintaining the achieved finish. Never let anyone else do the cleaning if possible. Do that yourself. Use a Jopasu Duster or the original California Duster to wipe off the dust, as others have suggested. Wax it at periodic intervals to maintain the glossy finish.

8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

9. sungoa2010

Do a waxing once in 4 months. Remove the dust atleast once in 2 days. Don't use shampoo always. Plain water wash once in a week.
    Shining will be guaranteed.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I have noticed a few Puto's in T.wine.. i fell the have lost its glow..more of a faded look..