1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - now crossed 2,32,000 Kms

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ganges, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Did you drive for some distance with busted tire? why? I think alloy would have got damaged in the process.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to hear the unfortunate tyre-burst, Ganges. Please get your alloy checked for any bend.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Ganges, Sorry to hear that tyre burst is a scary issue problem area these days have to be very careful ..:-(
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you entered into danger zone...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sat,
    when the tire bursted the road was very bad,after getting down the car foound that the tire was totally gone,meanwhile just found that i have crossed a village and went back to the same place which was just half a kilometer.i was in mid of journey and still to travel more than 600 Kms.
    After that the drive was total cautious because no spare tire :( and with the new spare tire i had to maintain speed atleast 70 Kmph(run-in period for spare tire).
    i didnt found any major damage to the alloys,still i have to check with the wheel alignment shop for any bent/out.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Sir,your post helped me to be cautious after so and so Kilometers. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

now i'm really confident about the behaviour of tires after 40K Kms i.e. anything can happen.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    4th Paid Service details :-

Service_1.jpg

service_2.jpg

service_3.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Recent changed the tire profile:-
    After the tire burst of rear left tire

IMG_20121209_203932.jpg

decided to change all the GT3(Done 45K Kms),but decided to do in installments hence changed front tires with 195/65/R15 from 195/60/R15. Rear tires still with 195/60/R15.
    Opted Tire profile change for more GC.

IMG_20121222_094711.jpg

IMG_20121222_123507.jpg

For the technicalities questions before change of tire profile please refer below mentioned thread

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/8623-different-profile-tires.html
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    3 people like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last week my Punto completed 52000 KMS within 1 year 9 months.
    Most of the drive was highway driving, never ever given me any kind off problem except for those of tires.
    MJD always at its best when it comes to long run and continous drives with comfort and pleasure.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Im right behind you. 44K @ 1yr 6 months. Lets see if i beat you some day.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i believe you will not do any Leh Laddakh trip :D

last month dec13th i was on 46000Kms,withing a month i have done 6000 Kms of long drives :eek: i never noticed this unless i saw my 4th service record :)
    2 people like this.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    At that rate, I don't think i'll ever be able to beat you.

No Leh Ladakh Plans. I need to go to Mount Abu in a few months, but i'l probably go by Flight. Would have loved to drive all the way but too much time will be lost in driving up and down.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges,

You should have got Intercooler,MAP and Intake manifold cleaned as well, Just cleaning EGR is not good enough.