1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - now crossed 2,32,000 Kms

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ganges, Jan 7, 2012.

1. @Ganges: since you run the Fuel filter for 30K Kms, my question to you is:
    1. Once the filter goes bad, will it throw any warning light ? If so still how many kms it can run (If you are in remote place)?
    2. With the clogged Fuel filter, Will the Fuel pump get damaged ?
    3. Bosch oil filters (Costing Rs 180/-), Seems to be of inferior quality is what people say and many a times it has torn, Whats your stake on this ?
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1.if you are using fuel filter with sensor , then it will throw an error then you need to remove the water or whatever from the fuel filter.
    2.Fuel pump efficiency is reduced .
    3.No idea mate, Purolator is locally available at all Auto shops.Hence got used to it.
  3. Bhushan Pawar

Bhushan Pawar Timido

Ranjangoan 412210
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganges, how are you doing mate? Any updates about the car recently?
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Bhushan,
    Fine thanks, how about you and your TW ?

Recent updates:-

1. Changed windshield(claimed insurance),after a coconut fallen from mango tree :D
    2. Bought new tyres for front. These are Chinese(Jinyu make).
    3. Changed headlights to LED headlights(V16 Turbo LEDs).(aliexpress.com)
    4. Blinkers changed to LED's, however getting error for blinkers, ordered load resistors to get rid off this errors.
    5. Engine performance at its best with ODO reading @ 1,86,000 Kms.
  5. Bhushan Pawar

Bhushan Pawar Timido

Ranjangoan 412210
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

Good to know. You are all set to surpass the 3 lakh KM mark. You can save million bucks till then for next upgrade. Lets hope Fiat India comes out with something worth till then.
    My car is rocking. Got the keys on 20th Aug-15 & as of today I have done about 17,5XX kms. Highway drives have been real pleasure. Replaced timing chain @ 75K total cost Rs. 9.4 k. Nearing to 80K service mark now. The Apollo Accelares (20k km current life) are noisy but fairly reliable as I haven't got a single puncture yet. OE Clutch is still going good.
    Bit fed up with Minor scratches & dents. I don't even know how they generate. I have planned to do 3M every year so will clean up everything in July-August. I had planned for ICE upgrade & headlights upgrade but lost the willpower midway as current set up is also ok to live with. Lets see, will surely do it sometime in future.
    Happy mile munching.
    Ganges and PradeepM like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update after long time:- Car has clocked 2 Lakh 5K Kms. No issues reported till now, maintaining the regular oil change @7K Kms with 10W 40 grade oil(till now used SHELL and TOTAL)

Pending things :-

1. Will get cleaned with EGR valve , Intake manifold, till now haven't done anything on inter cooler cleaning, may be this time will get it done and also thinking to change the alternator belts(which has not done till now)
    2. Timing Chain replacement:- Last time was done when ODO was @1lakh 18k Kms.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thats great going @Ganges . Your next target should be 3 lac kms, touchwood :D. Also, get your ownership title updated by mods.
    Ganges likes this.
  8. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations on crossing the 2 lakh kms mark :)
    Ganges likes this.
  9. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @Ganges.
  10. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3