1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - now crossed 2,32,000 Kms

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ganges, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you are right TMC= timing chain.
    Out of Stock 4 OEM alloys,one got severely damaged two years back.Later switched to 4 brand new linea steel rims.
    This year bought one new alloy wheel from FASS for 5K INR(discounted price).All 4 alloys then painted with gun metal color.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  2. @Ganges, Brilliant driving, hoping to over take Epicenter and give your opinion on 1.3 MJD. Can we use Delvac MX 15W 40 and maintain a drain interval of 7.5K...what do you advice from your experience ? Also did you use any aftermarket brakepads like Delphi, Roulands and any suggestions on this ? Waiting for your reply :)
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    15W40 is used on Swift too.I don't see any problem by using 15w 40 grade ,anyways if you are maintaining schedule of 7.5K kms then its worth to opt it.
    Regarding brakepads I have used GEMCO from 99rpm it was the worst . I think nothing beats OEM brake pads.I rely 100% on OEM only ,gives great confidence .
  4. Thanks for your advice. However few more questions for you from my end
    1. Will the OEM Diesel filter lasts for 30K Kms? as you suggested ?
    2. Can we use Vista Air filter for punto and replace every 7.5K Kms ?
    3. Can we use Bosch Oil filter which is same as http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-F002H234...230788&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=punto oil filter
    4. How about the Delphi/Roulands/Bosch brakepads? any idea ?
    5. Can we directly drain out 5w 40 and fill with 15w 40 or any intermediate process needs to be followed ?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Subramanya Prasad
    1. Worked for me,still its your call considering our fuel quality.
    2. Yes vista Air filter fits perfectly.
    3. Dont know buddy, goto any automobile store and get purolator swift oil filter,costs 150INR.
    4. There are few people on the forum ,used roulands.For me OEM brake pads always.
    5. Yes,you can.No issues at all.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  6. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    [QUOTE="Subramanya Prasad, post: 841947100, member: 10574
    4. How about the Delphi/Roulands/Bosch brakepads? [/QUOTE] No idea about Delphi and bosch..
    But Roulands are OK kinda, last long but bite not good .. OEM are best in terms of bite
    Ganges likes this.
  7. I forgot to ask you guys one more thing...How long we can push gear oil, coolant, Power steering oil in terms of duration or with the kms.
    Fiat recommends 2yrs or 60k kms. Anybody any idea on this ?
    Many of the puntos were with the Elastic pad and front Shocks complaint..Even though were changed in warranty and thereafter with the goodwill, Any changes for your Car ? Any info on this from your end ?
  8. @Ganges ...any Info Plz on the above points ?
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Subramanya Prasad
    For the gear oil,coolant,power steering oil change stik to the fiat recommended .i.e Kms or duration whichever is earlier.
    yes i remember, i was given a goodwill on elastic pad change, as far as i remember,changed it at 48K Kms.