1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - now crossed 2,32,000 Kms

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ganges, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It was a surgery kind.He explained me that they need to create a hole to remove the dent.Don't remember exactly what they have done.Charges dent removing 800 INR and BNW painting 600 INR.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Time to visit Lower tank bund. They'll fix and paint it in a couple of hrs. Find MP car care right it front of the legacy DBR mills. Let me know if you need the contact details.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok..thanks vignesh. Can you share contact details.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    9966654946- Viqar.

OT: I think we need a thread for Denting techniques. Ganges - Sorry in advance for vandalizing your thread.

FYi - Rocker panel will not be removed. A small drawing to explain.

Black = Flat Metal bar with a small hole at the end.
    Red = Screw
    Blue = Direction of hammer impact.

rocker.jpg

A small hole is made on the dented area using a nail and then a screw is fitted into the hole (The threads on the screw fasten it tightly on the hole and prevent it from slipping). Then they hit the metal bar with a hammer to pull out the dent. The same procedure is repeated in multiple areas of the dent to pull it out completely.

Rest of the job is to smoothen out the area with Metal putty/primer and painting it.

I heard for bigger dents on the rocker panel, they cut out the dented area using the gas welder, dent it and weld it back in place before finishing up and painting it.
    2 people like this.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great narration vignesh & thanks for the information.
    @Ganges - Please dont mind for hijacking your thread.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    WoW,vignesh Anna you explained the rest of the story about dent by making hole i was also clueless how they removed the dent.That's really informative.

@shashank,vignesh.
    Endhi Anna's manalomana mohamatam. :) about the thread. ::V

7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - 1.10 years 52000 KM's

Finally got my 2.1 desktop speakers which will be installed in my punto.Now need to source DC to AC converter .This will be powered from 12v socket used for cigarette lighter.With all this Bluetooth receiver which will be connected to the AUXIN.In showroom checked with the Bluetooth receiver it works with AUXIN .Finally A2DP.

P.S:- Sony System.Amazing Sound.

uploadfromtaptalk1379763966709.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    All the best!!!:eek: Get a spare fuse for the cigarette lighter socket first.

Are you serious you want to install this thing in your car :confused: :confused: :confused:
    2 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Get some good quality 16 gauge or 14 gauge wire and install an independent ciggi lighter socket in the car with a 30 amp in line fuse, to plug this thing in. Not quite sure if you should be exposing the OE wiring harness to such loads.

Rajan
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yeah,tried to open the cover first and locate the F44 and inadvance replaced it with 20A fuse.

somehow i want A2DP in my car,missing it badly.