1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - now crossed 2,32,000 Kms

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ganges, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i had LED torch light which operates on our 12V car socket on that day i missed it to keep.Used mobile torch light,car cabin light.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Stock Jack from Fiat is useless,infact stock jacks of almost all vehicles are same.
    I always keep a hydraulic jack with me,reduces the time taken to replace the tyre by almost 50%.
    2 people like this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep i always do that, i have an high powered LED torch but i've seen really better ones with my friends wherein you can change the focusing to get better spread or throw. those things cost upwards of 3000 and mine is 500 and i'm happy with that.!
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After roaming here and there finally got car body workshop at my place in sangli. the rocker panel got a big hit.its now 3 months old and was making my ride with big bad spot,hence decided to get it done.The cost estimated is 1500 INR for dent removing and painting and came to know that its one of the tuff job to remove the dent from running panel.will get my car in evening.lets wait and see for the results...

IMG_3855.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Re: My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - 1.10 years 52000 KM's

Well, they might tell you all kinds of stories but they normally finish off the denting job pretty easily in most cases.

For the rocker panel, they normally make a small hole in the dented area and pull out the dent as much as they can. The rest is finished off using a filler.

The long route is to cut out the whole dented area using gas welder, straighten the dent and weld it back and finish off using the filler.

Anyway 1500 sounds reasonable enough. Tass would normally suggest replacing the whole panel I think.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    vj_v1
    the guy told that the dent can be removed by cut only not by small whole.the dent is very deep and in length too.i agreed for the cut and asked them to do quality job.he promised me that i will not found if there was a dent before :) ...

btw whats the cost of panel ?
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Not Sure about the price. The installation of a new one does not look seamless from what i understand. Doesn't look like a simple nut and bolt installation and that's the reason denter's need to cut it to fix it. Otherwise they would have unscrewed it to do the denting job.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly.

Job done ! :) awesome work.My ride back to its glory.:mrgreen:

- - - Merged Post - - -

Paint Job:- No mismatch

IMG_20130420_180853.jpg

IMG_20130420_181559.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    5 people like this.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    thats a neat job ganges... :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thats a nice job Ganges, nothing noticable from the pictures :)
    1 person likes this.