1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - now crossed 2,00,000 Kms

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ganges, Jan 7, 2012.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That seems to be bad impact. Can it be back into shape ?
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Sorry to hear about the incident Ganges Anna. Getting a new alloy now?
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats a severe damage!!

I dont understand why people dont switch to low beam when they see someone coming from opposite side? If its empty road then its ok, as you have to see far out but why blind other people and drive on upper when some one is coming?
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Looking at the image, i think the alloy was previous brought back to shape by heating? Think the same is possible this time too, Strength of the alloy is compromised though, fiat alloys are already delicate.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i will hammer it back,due to personal work was unable to enquiry mostly this weekend will get it back to shape.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes,can be done.

- - - Merged Post - - -

New alloy,no vitamin M, i will use it till it breaks. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

This is uncontroallable issues,no matter how much people are educated,at the end of the day everyone wants to be safe.
    At the end ,i love doing night journeys :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes anna ,you are spot-on.:up
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After chaging the wheel ,washed the hands and all set to drive.Turned the key towards ignition then found instruments lights were blinking,a relay sound from the bonnet.We all again gone dull.Damn what happened again! tried two to three times,car refused to start.it throwed the message ""ABS failure,EBD failure" then i was 100% sure this is a battery issue.

Later realised that the battery was drain due to the Headlights.i kept headlight ON for more than 20 mins while chainging the wheel,this caused a problem.
    Then we tried with pushing the car,still refused to start.

Later called FIAT roadside assistance,the support asked me all the details about me and my location and the car model.i explained him everything,then he asked me to check the Fuel cut off switch,i asked him where it is located,after long search finally i found that switch.He asked me to press the switch once and thats it.Now asked me to try once starting the car.it again refused.Then he also concluded its a battery issue.

He told me that, i will give you a call after 10 mins may be you need to tow the car to near service station.i told him the nearest service station is Hyd and then comes Pune ::D.After 10 mins he called me again with the towing truck person in conference,i asked him the charges the towing guy told me it will be 22 rupees per km to and fro with toll charges.That will be round about 6000Rupees,i asked the advisor what FIAT will give me in such situation ,he explained that this will not be covered under warranty as the car has gone over pothole.i refused the towing truck and told him that i will try with a local mechaninc and still if any problem will give a call for towing van.

it was 3:45am,i told my friends i'm going to have tight sleep at the rear bench in car you decide yourselves :D,they both removed the door mats and sat beside the road counting the stars :) .Woke up at 7am.Myselves and one of my friend decided to go to Zaheerabad and bring mechaninc at the spot.Some how after two hours search in Zaheerabad finally got a mechaninc, reached back on the spot at 10:30,we asked the mechaninc to carry a battery with jumpers.Thats it after reaching the spot with two turns of the key car was back to life.The mechanic charged 250 rupees.

Later got done with the wheel alignment and reached Hyd in afternoon 3:45pm.Missed my friends marriage though next day attended the receiption.

Lesson Learnt :- How Battery works ;)
    Rama and SHASHANKREDDY like this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Haha, was quite an adventure then, i thought you changed the tyre and drove away. Good that more suspension related parts didn't give up.
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you changed Battery then ?
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes.
    it was my mistake of keeping the headlights on for that much time period.
    From here on i should be carefull of using the parking lights as well when engine is off.
    The battery is not completely dead it has still life,very soon will replace it.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    This part was pretty adventurous!! Glad it all went fine.
    1 person likes this.