1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - now crossed 2,00,000 Kms

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ganges, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,ramjin...
    Yeah i too agree that new tires should go to rear... my previous change was new tires yoko avs db on front with gt3 at rear given me the confidence to go for new tires in front so that we can have easy feel in steering. the previous change have not given me any problem rather i would say Yoko avs db have good grip with low noise.i have tried this till 140Kmph.

vj_v1
    i think its transmission oil.will visit once again to the service centre .thanks for the pointer.

coming to my tour had an horrible experience with tire puncture of new Bridgestone MY-02 on the bad after humnabad.The company provided jack is of no use now for me.the jack got bent after removal of tire due to this the whole car came down and was about to rest on the front disc thank god the spare tire i have kept by mistake under the rocker panel.the disc was saved from damage this happened at 11.30 pm.i was not having the jack now to fit the spare tire.used huge stones.finally trucks jack was used.will put in brief after coming from the trip.

the question is have anyone experienced such c
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ganges, That's the worst about the Jack.
    This I faced in my indica, but that was due to uneven surface. Whenever we have to Jack our cars need to find or make the surface plain & avoid the slopes.
    In this case, use the refactor triangle & keep the car on the extreme road for pain surface but make sure that there is not slope on the road on both the sides.

Once the jack is got bent or misaligned then its preferred to change it.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hi ganges, as rishikesh pointed out, i think you missed to check if the surface was flat where your car was parked while jacking up!
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Re: My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - 1.10 years 52000 KM's

Did u try to loosen the wheel nuts after lifting up the car on the jack?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Jack :)

After having dinner at the famous Noor dhaba in Humnabad i was again on my way to Hyd.it was raining in few areas of maharshtra and karnataka.After driving for more than 20 Kms on the bad stretch of humnabad suddenly found weird difference in my ride on the bad road,immediatly took the car side and checked, found the new Bridgestone MY-02 got puncture.This happened in night 10.45 pm.it was my luck that the puncture took place in a village in karnataka and the name was bettimanigi i guess.
    Found one person on the roadside and asked him for any nearby puncture shop,he replied "saab woh toh peekae so gaya,ithna raat kaika girraak".Then decided to change the tire.
    there was hardly two street lights and the light focus was not on the punctured tire side,hence had to reverse the car such that the light focus was on the puncture tire and also took the car little away from the road.Yes the surface was well levelled.Removed the jack, before placing it checked with the surface level and placed the jack and started lifting when i found the tire was removable decided to bring the spare tire from the boot.Kept the spare tire below the rocker panel,then found the jack got little tilt due to the movement of car when i removed the spare tire from boot.decided to bring the car down and placed the jack once again.Meanwhile i found the jack got bent and was not standing properly at its full work load.This time it managed to sustain the weight.Then loosen the bolts and removed the puncture wheel, took it aside then took the spare tire and placed the punctured tired below the rocker panel.took the spare tire by rolling it on road, then the whole car came down with a good noise ,thank god the punctured tire was kept below rocker panel the disc got saved,tried hard to remove the jack it got stuck between the ground and car body and left the hopes.this all scene went till 11.30PM it was good that i was alone and not with family.
    Finally decided to stay night in the car and get repaired in the morning.Still had a thought if i get a jack this can be fixed withing 20 minutes.tried on highway no car stopped,obviously no one would stop.So decided to enter in the village and see for any car.Found a TRAX in front of house.Knocked the door and a person came and told him the situation he replied in kannada that the jack is not with him also.asked him if there's any other car in this village, he pointed out to go to next street.Been to next street and found M800 knocked the door twice thrice no one answered ,came back from there to the highway and found two person talking, asked them for the help.He told better u spend night here in the car and get repaired in the morning.the he saw my car and told that if its just fixing the tire we will lift the car with hands ,myselves given up :( and asked them to give a try.he called another two person so total 4 members bbboy this car is damn heavy.these people started scolding my car :D for not getting any move after so many people.One person asked me to lift the car with the jack and we will put big stone underneath.i told them the jack is of no use.i gave a try once again with the jack.didnt work.
    The other person came up and said as we are having truck's jack we will dig beneath the car for half a feet and use the truck's jack and Yes finally this worked.all had a sigh of relief.
    so finally @ 12.30 in midnight problem got solved.After finishing the work i offered for the money they refused it and said we have helped you, as you are all alone and have to travel far along.Felt happy with the kind off humanity these people shown to me.
    my hand was all with dirt been to one of the persons house in the same village to get freshed, offered me cup of tea @ 12.30 midnight.after having small chit chats left from there.Will never forget that moment in my life and the way these people helped me in such situation.
    While returning from hyd (day journey) met them once again and said many many thanks for that night help.

Later next day in the morning in Hyd been to puncture shop on NH-7 as i have to drive to Kurnool,the shop person came and said saab tire puncture nahin hein ,nalli(the valve) chala gaya.he placed the new nallli and fitted once again MY-02 on front.it was bliss to drive on NH-7 with MY-02 and AVS DB

- - - Merged Post - - -

shams,rishi,vj_v1
    i think the mistake what i made was not using the handbrake or i should have place the stones for all the wheel so that there is no movement of the car.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    4 people like this.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Re: My Punto Shree Anjaneeyam - 1.10 years 52000 KM's

Whoa! That's quite an adventure! You are lucky that those people helped you late in the night! :)

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    It's not clear from the above details but i hope you normally loosen the nuts before lifting the car with the jack. Lifting the car first and then trying to loosen the lug nuts will put additional load on the jack and cause it to fail/bend.

Good that people there helped you in the middle of the night.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes,at first instant i loosen the nuts without jack as we need more strength and force to do it.once loosened place the jack and lift it.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I follow these steps always.

1.) Always loosen the nuts as much as possible before jacking it up. (Some times i loosen it so much that it's almost ready to come out).
    2.) Always remove the spare before you jack the car up so that there will be no unwanted scenarios.
    3.) Try to finish the job fast as far as possible.
    4.) If its the front wheel you are changing put the vehicle in gear and pull the hand brakes.
    5.) if its the rear wheel then put it in gear place some heavy stones in front of the front wheels to prevent slippage.

6.) I've never used it nor is it feasible but its possible .
    You can buy axle stands and place it as additional support to your jack

Stock jacks are actually declining in quality as i've observed with FIAT cars
    My car '09 came with a solid jack made in 'Brazil' and its quite heavy (not that it matters but it feels that way at least). I've noticed that '11 cars are not given similar jacks.
    3 people like this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ganges, that seems a serious adventure you have had. Good to know that you got help from people considering the time of the event!

A suggestion - Always keep a torch in the glove box. It really helps, especially on a highway drive.
    1 person likes this.