1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My punto mover left and right when steering is kept straight??

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by D-Punter, Aug 30, 2013.

1. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hi..recently i am going through a weird behavior of my punto..whenever i am driving on some patches of road the car feels like it start moving left then right suddenly for say 1 sec only..and over & over... I dont know if this is me in my head but I feel like im losing control over the car..car feels like dangerously unstable..i did wheel alignment too but still the problem persists..specially on wet road car feels like its floating to left & right even when the steering is damn straight? Can anybody please tell what possibly is going with my car? My car seems to have lost all the ride/handling feel? I neva met with an accident..too!
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try wheel balancing
  3. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Have already done that also! Still the problem is not solved..!
  4. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Try with a different guy. You wont believe I tried with 3 different TASS for WA and WB, with in a span of 500 KM. Then tried with 2 NON TASS shops. At one stage, I was fed up and thought let me live with this. At the end one guy rectified. He checked whether there was a bend in any one of the alloys and then did the normal WA & WB, with a wheel rotation. I did this during my 10K and now I crossed 33K, so far no issues.
    So I would say that this is an expected issue and should get resolved. I am sure I am not giving a solution for the problem but sharing my experience ;)
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Check for loose nut/bolts at the time of doing wheel alignment.Problem name is Wheel Wandering.
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Maybe if lower arm ball joints might have taken a hit or damage. Request you to chk the same out.
  7. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yeah..i know that..my car have clocked 20k kms..and i have done WA & WB 2 times from TASS but was never satisfied..did once from outside and he did wonderful job..will again take my car to him..and lets see what can he found from this problem!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ok..will surely do that on visit to WA guy!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ok..will surely do that on visit to WA guy!
  8. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    HI all! I was out of city so couldn't able to update about the issue i was facing. So it's like last week i visited the newly opened but not functional SC here in gurgaon..i.e torque motors. So the guy over there lifted my car and we find out that my rear axle is bend near to rear right tyre, my front control arm is also bend near to front right tyre...!! So i have to replace the rear axle & control arm now. I assume a small rift between my right side alloys & side of footpath is the reason for it which happened last month! But is it possible that due to that small collision which is not even fr 2 secs can be the reason for the bending of control arm & rear axle? i mean shouldn't it be strong enough to absorb the small impacts like these?
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's a bummer.

It surely will be, but if the "perfect impact" happens, then even the strongest of parts might not survive.
  10. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hmm..and i assume it won't be covered under warranty? At present the SA told me that he will be able to take a call on this "warranty" only after he is able access the details of car in systems as they are not functional as on date. So is there nay chance of him considering in warranty? :p

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hmm..and i assume it won't be covered under warranty? At present the SA told me that he will be able to take a call on this "warranty" only after he is able access the details of car in systems as they are not functional as on date. So is there nay chance of him considering in warranty? :p