1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto MJD met with an accident. Need advice on repair. Please..

Discussion in 'Technical' started by renlouis, Jul 13, 2015.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    That's an achievement. :finger::finger::finger:

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    renlouis likes this.
  2. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    She is back.. and joined her elder sister! Thanks all of you for your valuable suggestions during my hard time.

IMG_20150919_074701.jpg

IMG_20150912_151540.jpg
    varunrtr likes this.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    congrats on the successful completion of work. had seen your car at hyson in end Aug, however, last week it was not there. though the bill appears steep, they seem to have done a thorough and detailed job.
  4. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Really? I got her back on 4th September. I think they did whatever necessary. So far no issues with the car. I had a test drive with their mechanic over different kinds of roads. They explained everything they did. Also replaced some parts in pairs as I insisted. Mr. Vinod, was in charge of the work done on my car; he is so friendly and loves to explain.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Is it Vineet?? With spectacles, tall and fair??
  6. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Vineeth has spectacles, fair, but not that tall :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 21, 2015 ---
    My car's repair was handled by Arun Kumar and Vinod.
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @ renlouis , @ limraj - Vineeth was one of the finest technicians/ SA available at Hyson kochi. He has left Hyson permanently a couple of months ago. Vinod is a very knowledgeable guy.

one major change in the attitude of people at hyson fiat is the details to which they go while explaining the work they have done. they are more than eager to let you know, and show all the replaced parts.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Oh! Vineeth also left?? I do not understand why these guys stay longer in a service centre.
  9. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh! I know him. His assistance was very helpful and cordial. He was there in the yard when I handed over the car to Hyson after the accident.
  10. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, after getting the car back in good condition I experience one weird but mild sound with the rear back, the area where the collision happened and was successfully repaired. This sound was not caught in the test drives by me as well as the mechanic after repairing the vehicle.

The issue is that I hear a creaking sound from rear right side as I ride over any big (both high and wide) humb slowly by stepping right rear wheel first over the humb (before the left wheel rolls over the same humb). After reporting this to service center, the service adviser and a mechanic joined me for a test ride to reproduce the issue; unfortunately then it was not reproducible; where I strongly suspect the weird sound is not there when the rear of the car is laden (mechanic was in back seat). Anyway back to service center and did an under-body check, checked all nuts and bolts again, on the rear axle and rear suspension.

The service adviser told me that they will do whatever needful, if I am able to reproduce the issue again.

Guys, do you think what could be the problem behind that mild creaking sound. Anybody encountered same condition before? This sound was not there before the accident.