1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto MJD met with an accident. Need advice on repair. Please..

Discussion in 'Technical' started by renlouis, Jul 13, 2015.

1. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends, though I handed over my car to authorized service center, I have doubt whether or not any damage has been caused to gear box or its related components, engine components connected to gearbox, drive-shaft etc etc.. since the car was on 1st gear, which was forcefully pushed forward for about 2 meters. :confused:

The service adviser appears ignorant about such possibilities, which haunts me more. :eek:
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @renlouis yes impact to gearbox and associated components might have happened. You have all rights to tell ASC guy to check on the same. BTW when the car is ready, do a test ride to see anything unusual. Being vigilant always helps in such situations.
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, the inner panel of rear right also needs to be replaced at first, which was found later. All parts are ordered and they are going to work on the car soon after they get the inner panel. I checked with them today.
  4. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I visited the service center last Tuesday; they started working on the car. Hope I will get it back by next Friday.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Visited service center this morning. Will get the car back tomorrow. The total cost of repair is around Rs.1,20,000. Only by tomorrow I can see, how much the insurance company is going to contribute.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    1,20,000₹ looks really exorbitant for a dent at the back.
    Hope the dent in your pocket will be minimized by the driver CEO !
  7. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Repair was not just about removing denting. The following is the repair bill of Rs.118494.

IMG_20150903_134333.jpg

IMG_20150903_134600.jpg
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Holy cow, thats a steep bill. I went back to the first page to look at the accident which seemed not so big enough to warrant a 1L+ repair bill. Could see a lot of big ticket charges such as UP paint protection, interior enrichment, wheel, tyres, frame etc. Did the wheel rim also was replaced and why were the tyres replaced? Something is not right here.

I hope this is claimed through Insurance to reduce your contribution.
  9. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    UV paint protection - I told them to do.
    Interior enrichment - The interiors were in very bad shape with dirt and dust when the body works are done. So told them to do.
    Wheel - One wheel got bend and one tyre got damaged in the collision. I told them to buy 2 Alnacs 195/60R15 and 2 wheels instead of 1 each. Don't like to drive with partly worn tyre with a new tyre on same axle. Now made the wider wheel as spare wheel-tyre.
    Frames - Don't know what exactly it is. The rear axle was bent and is replaced.
  10. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally got my punto back in good shape :):):), last Friday. Insurance company gave 80,000. The remaining is paid by the one who caused the accident.
    Calvinv and ghodlur like this.