1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto MJD met with an accident. Need advice on repair. Please..

Discussion in 'Technical' started by renlouis, Jul 13, 2015.

1. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Friends,

On 8th July 2015, within the Cochin SEZ campus, my punto was parked on the road side safely. Around 11.45 AM, one Alto which was driven insanely / uncontrollably hit on the rear right corner of my car, causing substantial damage.

In the initial checking itself, it is identified that the rear axle is bent and wheel is jammed. The Alto's driver and passenger suffered minor injuries and survived, though their car suffered major damage. My car was on parking brake as well as on 1st gear, though due to the impact of hitting hard on rear corner, my punto ran over the concrete belt on the left of the parking space (left front and rear wheels ran over the belt) for about 2 meters.

After obtaining GD entry, now the car is being repaired by Fiat service center after the surveying by the insurance personnel. The service center provided the estimate with a list of spares to be replaced, repaired, painted etc etc.. where the estimate up currently around 1 lakh.

The party caused damage agreed to pay the remaining amount of the repair bill whatever it is, after what is granted via insurance claim. Will post the list of spares to be replaced/repaired as per the service center, for repair. Also will upload some snaps of the accident.

Thanks,
    Louis
  2. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Sad to hear it.

Why not ask his insurance to pay the entire damage, I'm sure there's a police car too & since you were parked it's totally in your favor.
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They wished to get their car repaired with their insurance; so arrived at a compromise that they will pay the remaining amount of our repair after my insurance claim.
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Book a police compliant. Thats the proof of the incident happened and as record for insurance claim.
    And your repair cost should be given by the party who hit your car. Dont shell out from your pocket.
    Be patient and deal with the situation. Its really heart-rending while its no fault of yours.
  5. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Initial plan was to register a case, so filed a complaint. The officers at the station were interested arriving at a compromise, so finally arrived at a compromise and got GD entry doc. The party caused the damage agreed to pay any amount for repair after the insurance claim on my side. So case was not registered. If a case was registered, the focus would have been on the injured rather than on the vehicle and probably going in a different direction making the damage insignificant.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 13, 2015 ---
    These are the snaps..

1.jpg

2.jpg
    One more

3.jpg
    Guys, I Will post here the list of spares to be replaced/repaired as per the service center, in the evening.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  6. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Sad to hear the story and see your ride in this condition. Good that you did not go ahead with complaint, I have had a very bad experience in such cases from police. These guys demand money stating you are getting them from Insurance company anyway so handover some percentage and as you said if you were to go with compliant route then things would have taken different direction altogether. As far as other party is ready to pay differential amount, I think its okay. Losing point for you would be NCB.
  7. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, we have no other way
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Do you have this in documented in GD entry?
  9. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GD entry has info about arriving at a compromise; the agreement details of compromise are specified on a stamped paper, signed and sealed by them.
  10. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sad to hear mate. As @mangeshtendulkar rightly said, good that you didn't proceed with the police complaint. I too have an bitter experience with something similar incident. Its pain when you have to undergo something like this with no fault of yours. Anyways make the party to pay for all the bill amount post insurance claim. Do not think of even spending a single penny!!