1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto - MJD E - B white

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Maverickxx2006, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1.
    Same thing happend to me at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore. The 3M guy refused to do treatment, siting same reason given by Raamki.
    I think we should confirm with Fiat.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Photo-shoot sounds exciting. Looking forward to see pictures of your BNW (Bossa Nova White). Post it soon.
  3. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Service is good.

For 3M under body treatment they have various packages from 2000 to 5000 which has warranties for 1,2 and 5 year. I chose 5 yr warranty package which came with free engine wax coating.
  4. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    How does one identify if the mudflaps are duplicate. Is it because of the quality or they look different?

Regarding the paint peeling off near the doors, I think you must send an email to FIAT about it. I am sure they can take care of this issue, if not for you than at least for future owners.

May be if someone gets a call from Italy, they can bring this point up.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great Maverick... B.N.White punto looks damn cute man.. Can vouch for it ne time...:)
  6. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Duplicate ones: Its written "For use in Punto"

Original: Its written "Punto".
    Also, these are small and jet black and flexible as compared to the duplicates which are wider and are rubbery
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Unfortunatly i did not like OEM mudflaps for punto. Instead i'm in search of retro fitting one...
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Original mud-flaps are brighter and smooth on surface. Duplicate is having rough surface.

See the picture of original, from fiat accessory site.

mudflap_P.jpg
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys the fitting of the OG flaps are pathetic.. Fiat has no provision for mudflaps in the PUNTO ideally.. They get a screw pierced on the bumper from the side which looks damn ugly due to which i opted not to get those even though they gave it as freebies to me.... got it exchanged with my local guy for a sparco flaps but now thats gone too... Time for me to find a good decent flap for my car.. My hunt is on...
  10. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Finally after taking time out of my busy schedule, I have managed to take snaps

of my beloved Punto. I also realized that my Punto crossed 1700 Kms.

So here are the snaps and my review after 1700 Kms.

Good points:
    1. Ride and Handling: Again nothing to write more as it proves again and again
    that its the best of the lot. Ride is simply outstanding. I love to drive around
    the corners. I have done couple of highway drives and its excellent.

2. Mileage: I'm getting a mileage of about 16-17kms in city and 23-24 kms on high
    way with AC on at all times. Driving is mix of both sedate and spirited driving.
    I have noticed that there is very thin line between sedate and spirited driving
    style and you can easily screw up the mileage. I know that if I push my car with
    more sedate driving I can extract more mileage than what I'm currently getting,
    but then I'm compromising on the driving fun. But yes, there is lot of potential
    to extract good mileage, very fuel efficient engine indeed.

3. Interiors: As heavily documented in lots of earlier reviews about plastic
    parts falling off, I havent experienced any thing. The quality seems to be good
    enough for the price. I'm happy. My car was parked in a accessory shop next to VW
    Polo. I found that the Polo's interiors to be very basic and bland. Punto's look
    quite richer.

Negatives:
    1. Rear suspension: When ever I drive through a pot hole or a speed breaker with
    some speed, there is a huge thud like sound ( I would call it as blood curdling
    sound as if Punto is getting beaten up) on rear left suspension side. It sounds
    as if the suspension is dead and has hit the car chassis. Its very frightening.
    For the first time when I heard the sound I thought that the car has definitely
    taken a hit some where, I got down to check.

2. AC water leaking and leaving a trail on the road. When I contacted the service
    station, they said its normal. Its designed that water will flow away.

3. Rear wiper broken. Possible culprits are children playing or the person who
    washes my car. Got a new one for Rs 385. The person at Pandit Auto looked at the
    wiper said its broken at base and the locking ring is not working, it cant be
    covered under warranty as it have been broken by "accident". He added that plastic
    parts are not covered under warranty. I did not argue and bought a new one. I
    need to check though what "plastic" parts are covered and not covered in
    warranty.

IMG_3517a.jpg

IMG_3522a.jpg

IMG_3525a.jpg

IMG_3528a.JPG

IMG_3531a.jpg

IMG_3536a.jpg

IMG_3540a.jpg

IMG_3546a.JPG

IMG_3543a.jpg

IMG_3548a.jpg