1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my punto met with an accident :(

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Herbie, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Now the funniest part--
    my clutch slave cylinder was replaced after inspection.
    I had asked for the same during my first service after researching on the net and documenting about the details to the service center guys....he had told then that my cars doesnt fall in that category etc etc (at the customer relations counter) .... But thankfully the engineer inspecting did the needful without my intervention!! +1 for that .......

Here goes the pic

IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0743.jpg
  2. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Some minor snag encountered during servicing----
    my coolant pipe was found to be leaking hence the entire pipe set had to be replaced. Seemed a cumbersome process as a lot of time was consumed in the process. (breaking of factory crimping etc .. They were doing by hacking it with screwdriver etc guess we dont have aprropriate tools yet)

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

NOW COMING BACK TO THE WORKMANSHIP AT HANDOVER POST ACCIDENT REPAIRS------------
    - MY CAR INTERIORS WERE ROUGHED UP WITH DUST AND TOOLS PUT IN MY REAR SEATS DURING ONE OF MY INTERMITANT VISTS :shocked
    - ALL THOSE TOOLS..SPANNER ND STUFF WERE POINTING PRECARIOUSLY CLOSE TO MY SUBWOOFER CONE :shocked:shocked:shocked DESPITE ME WARNING THEM TO TAKE CAUTION WITH REGARDS TO SUCH INSTANCE (AGAIN DURING MY INBTWN VISIT)
    - AT HANDOVER THERE WERE SCRATCH MARKS IN DOOR PANELS ( THEY SORT OF BUFFED IT UP AND GUESS WAXED TO HIDE IT...IT SHOWS NOW AGAIN BASED ON LIGHTING CONDITIONS...NOT INTERESTED IN GETTING IT DONE BY THEM NOW...) :thumbs down
    - SOME FOAM PADDING USED UNDER THE HOOD ON EITHER SIDE OF THE HINGES WAS DAMAGED AS IF EATEN BY RATS( IT WAS PERFECTLY INTACT POST ACCIDXENT)---- THEY DID REPLACE AFTER MY INSISTANCE, THOUGH THEY FOUND IT CHALTA HAI ETC ETC.
    - A PLASTIC TRIANGLE PIECE (DUNNO WHAT IT IS CALLED AS...LIES AT THE BASE OF ORVMS IN EXTENSION TO THE SMALL TRIANGULAR FIXED GLASS PIECE) WASZ STUCK WITH MAKESHIFT DOUBLE SIDED TAPE COZ THE SNAP FIT MEMBERS WERE BROKEN :thumbs down ( AGAIN THANKFULLY AFTER MY PERSISTANCE THEY GOT IT CHANGED
    - SETA BELT CAP AT THE DRIVERS SIDE AT THE BOTTOM WAS STUCK WITH TWO SIDED TAPE ---REASON SAME AS ABOVE :shocked:shocked:shocked THIS THEY INITIALLY BARGAINED SAYING TAT IT CAN NOT BE REPLACED BUT COMES AS A COMPLETE SET :shocked:shocked ---- SPOKE TO A SENIOR GOT IT CHANGED. SHOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED IN FIRST PLACE...
    - NOW THE MAJOR PART---- FRONT SIDE LEFT ALLOY SEEMS TO BE INTERCHANGED WITH SOMEONELSES :A FIAT LOGO WAS MISSING , IT HAD SOME MAKER ID EMBOSSED AT THE EDGE ALSO HAD A YELLOW DOT WHICH COMES AS PDI MARK IN SOME CARS....MINE DIDNT HAVE ANY SUCH THING AT DELIVERY...TIRE SEEMS MORE OR LESS IDENTICAL TO MY OTHER TIRES WITH REGARDS TO WEAR AND TEAR.. HAS SOME MINOR SCRATCHES AND BRUSHES HERE AND THERE...I AM NOT SURE WHETHER MINE WAS FREE OF ANY, MIGHT HAVE HAD SOME confused1....THOUGH IT HAD A FRESHER LOOK COMPARED TO MY OTHER 3 ALLOYS....OTHERS ARE COVERED WITH MONSOON ROAD GRIT.. THEYT SAID IT MIGHT HAVE HAD A DEISEL WASH...WONDERING WOT MADE THEM NOT WASH ATLEAST THE DRIVER SIDE ALLOY WHICH ACTUALLY TOOM THE IMPACT

PLEASE NOTE/REMEMBER --(THE ACCIDENT AREA IS RIGHT SIDE FRONT)

ANY WAYS I WAS IN NO MOOD TO ARGUE AND WAS FUTILE TO HUNT BACK MY ORIGINAL WITH SO MANY CARS AROUND PLUS A LOT OF THEM MIGHT HAVE BEEN DELIVERED IN THAT PERIOD.

--------------------------------
    INTERESTING FACT TO THE LEFT SIDE ALLOY--- JUST A DAY BACK I HAD GONE FOR AIR FILLING FOR MY TIRES ( BARELY USED THE CAR POST DELIVERY 8TH FEB..) WAS OUT OF STATION FOR A WEEK ASWELL) ----- ALL MY THREE TYRES AS EXPECTED HAD LOW PRESSURE OF ARND 25/26 BUTTTTT THE LEFT ALLOY WAS FREAKING OVERINFLATED AT 38 :shocked:shocked:shocked:shocked:shocked:shocked:shocked:shocked:shocked WONDERING WOT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN DURING DELIVERY ON FEB 8TH. ITS A MYSTERY TO ME !!!!!!!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FORGOT TAT INBETWEEN I HAD A VISIT TO THE SERVICE CENTER COZ THERE WAS A SQUEALING SOUND COMING WHEN I USED TO DO MORE THAN 80 % OF STEERING ROTATION..... THEY FAILED TO PIN POINT ANY REASON.... JUST UPPED MY CAR AND INSPECTED AND TRIED TIGHTENING SOME SCREWS HERE AND THERE IN FRONT OF ME....
    I TOOK A DRIVE AROUND (THE IN AND AROUND WORKSHOP AREA HAD TO BE SILENCED MOMENTARILY SO TAT I COULD CATCH TAT FAINT SOUND) NO PROBS FOUND.. I AM JUST WONDERING WHETHER THIS OVERINFLATION WAS ONE OF THE REASONS THEN ..... (GURUS PLS ENLIGHTEN ON THIS MATTER )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Why the hell have you typed in all capitals? its worst to read such a post.
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    i just into typing tat i forgot bout the caps lock thingy...neways

here goes the ordeal in non caps!

now coming back to the workmanship at handover post accident repairs------------
    - my car interiors were roughed up with dust and tools put in my rear seats during one of my intermitant vists
    - all those tools..spanner nd stuff were pointing precariously close to my subwoofer cone despite me warning them to take caution with regards to such instance (again during my inbtwn visit)
    - at handover there were scratch marks in door panels ( they sort of buffed it up and guess waxed to hide it...it shows now again based on lighting conditions...not interested in getting it done by them now...)
    - some foam padding used under the hood on either side of the hinges was damaged as if eaten by rats( it was perfectly intact post accidxent)---- they did replace after my insistance, though they found it chalta hai etc etc.
    - a plastic triangle piece (dunno what it is called as...lies at the base of orvms in extension to the small triangular fixed glass piece) wasz stuck with makeshift double sided tape coz the snap fit members were broken ( again thankfully after my persistance they got it changed
    - seta belt cap at the drivers side at the bottom was stuck with two sided tape ---reason same as above this they initially bargained saying tat it can not be replaced but comes as a complete set ---- spoke to a senior got it changed. shouldnt have happened in first place...
    - now the major part---- front side left alloy seems to be interchanged with someonelses fiat logo was missing , it had some maker id embossed at the edge also had a yellow dot which comes as pdi mark in some cars....mine didnt have any such thing at delivery...tire seems more or less identical to my other tires with regards to wear and tear.. has some minor scratches and brushes here and there...i am not sure whether mine was free of any, might have had some confused1....though it had a fresher look compared to my other 3 alloys....others are covered with monsoon road grit.. theyt said it might have had a deisel wash...wondering wot made them not wash atleast the driver side alloy which actually toom the impact

please note/remember --(the accident area is right side front)

any ways i was in no mood to argue and was futile to hunt back my original with so many cars around plus a lot of them might have been delivered in that period.

--------------------------------
    interesting fact to the left side alloy--- just a day back i had gone for air filling for my tires ( barely used the car post delivery 8th feb..) was out of station for a week aswell) ----- all my three tyres as expected had low pressure of arnd 25/26 buttttt the left alloy was freaking overinflated at 38 wondering wot it might have been during delivery on feb 8th. its a mystery to me !!!!!!!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forgot tat inbetween i had a visit to the service center coz there was a squealing sound coming when i used to do more than 80 % of steering rotation..... they failed to pin point any reason.... just upped my car and inspected and tried tightening some screws here and there in front of me....
    i took a drive around (the in and around workshop area had to be silenced momentarily so tat i could catch tat faint sound) no probs found.. i am just wondering whether this overinflation was one of the reasons then ..... (gurus pls enlighten on this matter )

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  5. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    [QUOTEThough i will always discourage the late night driving because these truckers just feel so liberated & becomes irresponsible after 10 PM. Avoid it till it's an emergency. God bless![/QUOTE]

Rightly Said ENKI. I've seen truckers that make a heavy stone rest on the throttle, so that they can give their feet some rest. Also its unsafe at dawn and dusk as well, as this is when these truckers tend to fall asleep and it don't matter which side of the road they're in.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've seen such things happen so many times..
    I usually go out on weekends to some Dhaba with a few friends in either my car or their's.. On one night I noticed a long chassis truck was almost swaying between 2 lanes of traffic, We followed him for nearly 3 kms hesitating to overtake it was that bad.. These IDIOTS drink and drive a 60-70ft vehicle ???:rage

Anyway this post goes to show a few things..
    1.) you're safe ,if you're in a FIAT
    2.) Never drive post 9-10PM, unless extremely imperative (please pay attention to words used here)
    3.) On the roads please try to follow the philosophy of "Let him win, If he's happy then so are you"
    4.) Always buy cars with safety standards and equipment. (Yes it is expensive, but never expensive enough to pay for it with life)
    (AT the end of the day the ONLY purpose of a car is to bring all of its occupants back home safely, BMW, Benz, Maruthi, FIAT ,it doesn't matter, They all SHOULD do the same thing. so choose wisely.)

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Forgot to add...
    When you are driving, make sure you're driving "ONLY"
    Not thinking of you're deceased cat or a rat in you're living room.
    PLEASE PLEASE get rest or be fully aware of you're senses/capabilities before getting behind the wheel..

it doesn't matter , life is a race but you're not a racer
    1 person likes this.