1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my punto met with an accident :(

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Herbie, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What about the other party? Through 99% cases, one heavy vehicle is involved. If cars rebound, that's an advantage as compared to direct collision with 4-5 times massive vehicle. That's the idea behind designing crumple zones with particular recommended composition of material in N-CAP guidance. The material used in crumple zones tends to hold on it's original shape even after being struck & helps vehicle rebounding.
  2. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Tends to hold on its shape ??? Give me a break dude. It's only there to absorb the jerk and not pass it on. Have a look here and see the damage :-
    Insane Head on Car Crash - YouTube
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That is known as flexibility for a more technical term. A metal isn't flexible & nor the crumple zones are of metal. That the why the dent from the bumper can be removed by just pressing it from another side & it exactly means "tends to hold it's original shape". Two cars colliding will never be equally fatal to a truck's case because cars have crumple zones.
    Tell me now that trucks too have crumple zones!!
    For more details on this & calculations, pls refer "The Impulse-Momentum Change Theorem" derived by Mr. Issac newton & argue with him if required:).
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. shams

shams Esperto

ENKI, bumper dents can be removed in that way because its made of fiber primarily due to pedestrian safety reasons. crumple zones are different and are made of metal!!
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Shams, Is the objective is to oppose me? How Bumper can stay out of crumple zone if it's primary contactee in case of an impact. Modern cars have collapsible bumper & crumple zones are meant to be collapsed. Even collapsible steering in FIAT cars has to be part of crumple zone. They must be made up of deformable material & in such a way that it absorbs the initial impact as much as possible. Obviously the purpose is applicable to pedestrian as well. The composition may include some metal too but it has to be easily deformable. There are even side & rear crumple zones. Front & rear bumpers & bonnets are the beginning of crumple zones.

Pls refer below excerpt:
    "When two cars collide, the bumpers have a chance of engaging so forces are typically absorbed through the crumple zones of the bumpers".
    Bumper Height ยป Car Accident Lawyers

Let's not argue, i am already agreed in advance to whatever you say. Let's try to make forum informative instead of looking for an argument:up.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  6. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

@Herbie, did you get your vehicle back?
  7. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi There,
    Sorry to see your car in such a state. Myself being a Insurance Surveyor, would advise you to get the car repaired.
    Only thing you need to do is to keep close watch on the repair work. Going for Net Loss or any other mode of Insurance settlement will be no good to you.
    You will possibly end up losing a good 10% of your vehicle IDV(As Mentioned in a post on Net/Cash Loss) + Your RTO tax & Regn Expenses which sum up to a handsome 100 Grands!
    Also can you share your policy details/copy which would help us to find all the coverages Viz(If Depn Waiver Is endorsed) & to be sure you are not taken for a ride by the insurance guys.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Dont worry about the quality of workmanship .. TATA will not be doing anything it will all be FIAT guys only and something even as simple as a silicone sealent will only be used if its FIAT approved (I have checked it).
    Even i had wrecked my car in '09 just a week after delivery and it took nearly 3months and about 1.9L for complete repairs the insurance company paid 1.4L.
    Just make sure you follow up with the insurance guys and your FIAT representative on a bi weekly basis.

I know how hard it can be to see the car in wreck but hold tight she is going to come back good.
    All the best
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    thanks guys for all the support and suggestions given out here :)
    i got my car back around 9th of feb this year....i was in no mood to post on the forum due to my mood etc....though i was regular vistor to the forum..

here is the gist :
    final bill worked out to 1.84 lakh
    my liability - approx 46 k :(

further damages : around 10 k lost in the form of vkool windscreen film.

several gripes i had with the service center most of which was attended to on my insistance....they were in no mood to qualify it on their own as a problem (chalta hai attitude :hit nd ol ) hmmm let

couple of more highlights before the accident---
    1) had got my car serviced (2nd free service done @ 13k km) 3-4 days before
    2) got my car ICE'ed next day after servicing.:sadblue

was supposed to post pics of my servicing and ICE thingy on this forum but things didnt work out that way .

any ways what the heck i am gonna post atleast the service pics out here in a sort of continuity to the story....(these were couple of days before the accident like mentioned above).....will start a different thread about ICE though to share my experience though......
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  10. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    My beauty up for an oil change IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg IMG_0741.jpg

air filter change
    IMG_0736.jpg IMG_0738.jpg

the old filter

..pollen filter