1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my punto met with an accident :(

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Herbie, Dec 26, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    To be exact, insurance company's share in the damages should be more than 75% (excluding the part that has to be borne by you)
    visit the insurance company's office, meet some senior guy there and understand the various possibilities in this scenario.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sorry to hear about it, Thanks Almighty that all are fine,
    Do check up with the Surveyor and go for he Total Loss claim if the Chassis has to be welded again,
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad every one is safe.
    Now coming to the claims part, If the damage is extensive, a new vehicle is always welcome. However look at the estimate for damages from the insurance company and see how much you have to spend and then take a call on it.
    The advice from Gaurav and those who have gone through this before are good.
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    my sincere appologies for delayed response as have been having late working schedule of late in office(upto 2 am at times) hence could not post much.

had a word with the surveyor bout "total loss" claim aswell as "net loss" as the last option----here is the brief

- total loss can not be claimed as its the comapany's prerogative to give incase the repair cost to the isurance company exceeds 75% of the IDV
    - net loss if i have to claim -----
    then it would not be an viable option coz as per him as i shall get the liable repair amount minus 25% back(which in my case might work out in the range of 2 to 2.5 lakhs, so i would get that amount minus 25% further i would have to sell of the car as scrap in as it is condition to whoever is interested...then that person will have to inccur the repair cost and use it, so in all probability he wont give more than 2.5 lakhs coz it might cost him additional repair works as 2.5 lakh atleast so in total 5lakhs (phew)...so doesnt make sence in him even paying me 2.5 lakhs. (though similar new vehicle with onroad registration shall cost him 6+ , mine is just a year old ) (generally tourist rentals pick up such cases it seems) he also mentioned that the wait might be long as FIAT has very low resale value..mine being petrol even less :( .....the insurance guys dont do much thorough help in selling it as scrap, they only might recommend ppl interested through their basic existing network and then its upto us to take the lead, obviously these might be hardcore ppl who are involved in such activities and not an end user so they might eek out the last pit of money on their side hence ppl like us stand no chance of having a good suceessful negotiation...and they know we need to finalise immediately than they need so might act pricey. So now only option left is to repair my vehicle. Yes the isurance guy again highlighted the fact that the initial 3 lakh figure is a rough estimate and that the final would be a lot less.
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    pictures of my damaged vehicle :( 1.jpg VELOCAM74.jpg VELOCAM78.jpg VELOCAM79 - Copy.jpg VELOCAM81.jpg VELOCAM82.jpg VELOCAM83.jpg VELOCAM85.jpg VELOCAM87.jpg
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Really sorry to hear about your plight. A fellow member srikar had even worse shunt and it was repaired for less than 2 L I believe.

Next time when any of our members opt for insurance please I recommend zero depreciation option. The insurance company will cover 100% of the repair costs.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its very much repairable. the engine mounts, the cross members etc needs to be replaced. i dont think its much of an issue to sell it as total loss. go ahead and repair it.

gift something nice to the service advisor and ask him to pay utmost attention to the work :)
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

For my damaged Punto they got 1.8L from the junk buyer. Mine was 1.3 MJD Epak and was only 3 months old :( . In my case Engine was intact but the complete body shell was damaged. Here are few pics http://www.teamfiat.co.in/threads-sort/2548-accidents-2.html
  9. Well said, seems to be repairable. Request the SA to take atmost care of your car, taking him out for a lunch.

I suspect this to be a Head on Collision as the rear side is untouched! Not sure how did this happen and i feel sorry for it. But then i am not able to have this phrase in my head without asking you... "Where did this happened and how did it happened, If this happened with All your family members on board then what really happened".

TFI members are not only for feeling sorry but to ask such questions also, Punto is considered to be the safest car with the tank like build, Thank god for giving you Punto(Emotion or Emotion Pack for Airbags, ABS..etc) and thank God for protecting your family and you! I will also pray to god...

PS: If this collision is because of opposite side careless driving What happened to that vehicle??
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Did you air bag get inflated? If yes, are you opting of fixing it again. Are they covered under insurance? If not how much you have to shell from your pocket for them? is it possible to fix the vehicle without them? advise.