1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Hit the gate..........

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by kannan.suraj, Sep 13, 2013.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    What you have is a comprehensive insurance policy, which covers both third party damages and own damages. What you have done is a own damage, so you can very well claim.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You have already made one claim on this policy. So, you are not running the risk of losing NCB. It is already lost. You can go ahead and make another claim and that will also be honoured.

However, please be aware, that when you go for renewal, it is also possible that your present insurer will refuse to renew your policy and anyone else willing to insure you, your premium can be more than what it is now, for a lesser IDV, as you will be considered a high risk customer.

Rajan
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Sad to see that damage to your car.

Simply claim insurance and get it repaired. You paid a premium for exactly that purpose. Leave the fears and calculations on the insurers, they have promised to honor your claim in the insurance document and they will do exactly that.

Hope to see your beauty back in shape and do take a zero depreciation policy next year, if they offer one.:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Fastlove - Just curious to know - how many times have you claimed insurance and what have been the repercussions? This is a genuine question I am asking you. Nothing sarcastic. Just trying to understand the other side, so I can correct myself.

Rajan
  5. Hi Guys ,

Thanks for your replies and concerns and i have another doubt for painting and denting job there is any depreciation involved as per some inputs i got its 100% claimable not like bumpers and plastic parts is that ryt? . and pls let me know the difference between comprehensive insurance and bumper to bumper insurance.So next time when i renew i can take which is best for the car.

Hi Roy and Maveric im still planning to give to Mohandas if you know any gud denting and painting workshop pls suggest me and as u said since its TW its also risky .

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Ghodlur

Im planning to give the car to FASS @ Trivandrum
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    There is no other side.

Just a simple logic which you have stated in. your earlier post. "You have already claimed insurance , so u don't run the risk of losing ncb" . How does one be sure that the first instance of a claim is the last during the year? What if he had done NCB calculations and had fears of blacklisting and not claimed for the earlier damage?

Why should I pay a hefty amount every year and also fear to claim . The amount was paid to cover such losses which may occur anytime any number of times.

I had my first claim on linea this year when I changed my cracked windscreen.

7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    From the OP's posts, I gathered that he has already made one claim earlier. I also noticed you advocating using the insurance in another thread. Hence I was wondering if there was another side to it.

Rajan
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    So, I advocated claiming insurance in one and again advocated claiming insurance in the other :confused:

Shouldn't you get wondering if I didn't do the above and instead gave different views in both threads?

Anyway, iam into IT security and believe that every Firewall and Antivirus solution is an insurance and you wish you don't need it but still you have to buy it.

Old days I remember, there were customers who claimed that they had no virus attack during the year, so do we really need to renew the software? What they didn't realise was that it was their investment giving them that peace of mind. That security installed, was working for them. The car insurance is the security I bought , which should work for me and I should drive with peace of mind.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Painting material cost attracts the same depreciation as plastic (50%). There is a depreciation rate for the metal part too after 6 months of purchase. The depreciation rate keeps increasing as per age of vehicle. As there won't be any panel replacement, you need not be concerned about the depreciation for metal parts. You must be completely covered by insurance for the denting and painting labor charges.

The difference between comprehensive and bumper-bumper (or zero depreciation) policy is that bumper-bumper covers your vehicle without any depreciation for the parts (incl. plastic, metal, paint). In other words, you don't need to bear the cost of depreciation. Insurance company will pay 100% for all the parts and labor.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    There is one called "Color Wheels" on bypass road a little after Anathapuri hospital and Hyundai showroom. They are good but will cost the same as FASS.