1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Hit the gate..........

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by kannan.suraj, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Hi All

today due to my carelesness My punto bashed the gate of my house and had a severe patch in the rear door. I thionk the rear door has some severe denting and painiting work to be done. I earlier had a claim this year for the rear glass and my insurance is with SBI General and its not cashless .My doubt is can i claim this too with insurance ? any limit for claiming for insurance? awaiting your replies

Picture 003.jpg
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, you can claim it.
    You just mention what happened.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes you can, and actually you must use insurance and get it fixed soon.
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Oh man.. the dent on the door as well as fender is too deep. Without insurance will be a huge hole in the pocket, For such an incident opt for insurance. Get it fixed soon. Don worry such things happen
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its going to cost for the dent removal on door with repainting the entire area as suggested please opt for insurance..
  6. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    Hope its a bad day for you. I am eager to know the response from insurance company as I am about to renew the insurance fm them for my car shortly. Hope you should not have difficult time negotiating with them for repair.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ouch, that must have hurt a lot to see the beloved Punto damaged. The dents & scratches are too deep, would need proper denting/painting job. Are you planning to get it repaired at the FASS or an FNG?
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

My suggestion would be to get a new door and do denting work for the left rear Q panel alone, given that you are going the insurance route.

There will not be much of a cost difference but you should manage to convince the insurance surveyor.

Tough luck, don't worry she would be fine soon.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ouch. That hurts. Sorry to see the damage.
    If you are going to give this to MM, the cost would definitely come to around 10-15k
    Since you have already claimed insurance this year, I would recommend going for claim for this too.
    You can get this done outside as well, there are some good denters available.
    Colour matching would be an issue though since this is a TW.
  10. maverick

maverick Amatore

MM paint quality is not that great. Their paint booth is not so good, please check the car in sunlight while taking delivery. For my car they had to repaint since the finish was poor and had sand particles. Even the repaint was not that great.