1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto finally gets projectors

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by vigneshram, Sep 11, 2011.

1. mutantx

mutantx

Hello Vignesh, please do post the pics. Punto looks wonderful and for sure has been a distant dream for me :)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hi Vignesh, how did the installer open the glass of the headlight. punto and linea headlamps are pasted with non melting sealant.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just use a heat gun to melt the glue and then open it
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    the sealant used is permaglue kind of which is used in sealing windshields too. its not melting with heatgun at all.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It wont melt u have to significantly heat it and pull the glass out, its not easy like I had mentioned earlier and if done in an improper way can break/melt the plastic
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    i tried a lot. i also removed some part of the glue by cutting it and tried to melt it with heat gun with 500 degrees mode for more than 15 min. its not melting at all.

finally i went to headlight restoration expert. he too said its damn hard to open. other cars headlight glass opens in flat 10 minutes. he showed me the other sealed ones. definitely fiat uses something strange to seal the headlight on linea :(
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Could be, it took me more than half an hour to open each one of them
  8. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

wow...thats some patience :)