1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto Evo came home - Dream come true

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by dravish, Apr 19, 2016.

1. dravish

dravish Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    God has blessed me with my first car that too in my favorite Car Brand Fiat.My quest for owning a car starts back from my school days . i was very fascinated about cars and driving.
    My need for car increased after my marriage , more than me , the family needed a safe car.
    This time i have to decide with one car for my family. I set my budget - around 8-8.5 Lakhs. took my wife to almost all the showrooms in Coimbatore & Bangalore.
    The showrooms we didnt go are Toyota - not many cars on my budget , Tata - a BIG no ,
    VW - not many recommendations from my friends . Honda - Compromised for mileage . 2012 Honda city was lot better than current one.

What we liked initially:
    Skoda Rapid: Solid Build . The dealer promised upto 1 lakh discount for 2015 model. even then the on road price was around 9.6 Lakhs.

Figo Aspire: It is a good looking car. But i feel Ford has compromised / Indianized the car with lighter sheet of metal. not the same build as Ford Ikon/ Ford Fiesta classic. but it was one of the cars we shortlisted.

I20: Stunner. Loads of features . but my friends in Automobile industry didn't recommend it
    for Hefty service bills and under powered petrol engine . Diesel one is heavily priced for no reason.

I dindt go to FIAT showroom as my wife initially didnt like the brand ,a total shame on my likes. One of my cousins has got Punto EVO 4-5 months back . One of my best friends have Grande punto , he was strongly recommending punto evo as well. i loved Punto from its launch time since its family decision i didnt take them to FIAT showroom. somehow from my heart i knew , i will finalize Punto evo

Day has come , we have decided to make a cash advance to Figo aspire . on the way we stopped at FIAT showroom . The game has changed. i liked in and out of Evo Since its launch . My wife had a look she said ok, will go home and decide. went home after hours and hours of convincing Punto EVO came out as Car to be from nowhere :)

Dealership experience:
    CAI -FIAT from Coimbatore . when i entered inside the showroom , i was looking more punto pure ala Grande Puntos and old Lienea. One Evo , One Abarth and one new Liena. most of the angles all looked same :) :) :)
    they started asking what i am looking for . I said FIAT punto sportivo . they mentioned that model has been stopped. i asked if they have flat discounts . i showed some newspaper reference. They said there is a flat 40k discount for Punto Evo emotion Diesel . i said my brother has worked in FIAT before , he has brought an evo 4 months back with a decent discounts. Then they asked the reference details . Next day they have confirmed me they can give max of 50K discount. the ORP will be 8.18 L with Mudflaps and floor mats as the freebie.

The sales person was very supportive , since i stay in Bangalore i cant do most of my paper work by travelling too often to Coimbatore. He has been visiting my home back and collecting all the docs and made a smoother process. The guys in marketing gave me a regular followups , feedbacks. surprised to hear the promises of the service costs will be as equal to Marutis.

About the car:
    Tuscan wine Punto EVO. Diesel Emotion 75 hp . i am a sedate driver , follows the rule book very seriously , so 75 is enough , though 90 hp is another 30 k more.
    i loved every bit of the car.
    Sapce: Just about adequate for the family , not every one is 6 foot tall & not every one is over sized. Boot size is more than adequate for the family needs.
    Safety: indeed it is one of the most safest in this segment. ABS + EBD + dual Airbag + 1.2 ton kerb weight makes it very sturdy . Braking is top notch.
    Excellent handling , again one of the best in this segment. i simply loved the hydraulic power steering , loads of feedback. real pleasure to drive. I loved the 3rd Gear , you can use it like an automatic gear , you can zip around , slow down . just a gear down in 2nd , fit for slow moving traffic. I have driven Swift , Amaze , i20 older version & Alto before . but Punto Evo is world of difference.
    Clutch is very smooth, gear is pretty cool
    Mileage: i am not a Mileage person, anything around 12-15 kmpl should work for me.

Aftermarket stuffs i added: Sun film, floor mats , car cover .

There is a common saying : People who buys FIAT cars are the ones who has the deeper understanding of the Brand and Cars. May be it is true when i see the sales chart for such a good car.

i have only few -ves to say

1- i dont want to compare it with I20 , but touch screen display would have been great
    2- at least a reverse parking sensor if not a camera especially for ladies ( Though its a men's car :) )

Had driven around 30 kms on first day and back to Bangalore. now i need to look for an apartment with car parking ,i really dont want to park it on the roads. till then i will miss my Punto Evo.

linea4me, pabhishek, Sujit508 and 7 others like this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Congratulations, you made the right choice. Drive safe.
    Btw, how did you really convice your wife to go for fiat? It will be interesting to know.
  3. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    Congratulations... Even I bought before one month and gone through same situation like you... After that heavily Happy.... Enjoy
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Linea 1.3
    @dravish , Congrats!! Wish you many more happy miles ahead!!
  6. dravish

dravish Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks a lot folks :) Happy Motoring ....
  7. driveit

driveit Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats for evo. Nice car. Enjoy!!
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @dravish : bro, first of all thanks for choosing fiat. Welcome to the family. 3rd gear is punto's strength. But i can assure that punto is a beast post 3k rpm. Wish you happy motoring. and keep updating the thread. FYI all fiat cars will get touchscreen infotainment by June 2016 :)
  9. karaka

karaka Amatore

Punto Evo 1.4

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on your Tuscan Wine Evo !!! You have owned a hatch which gives you the feel of what a 15+ lac sedan can give... Enjoy your ride. In this decade of cost cutting, there is nothing such glaring in a punto evo !