1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto EP MJD T-Wine: My Ferrari on a Budget

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ginnupotter, Aug 13, 2011.

1. I was informed that the tyre pressure in front was 32 and rear was 31. even as per the instructions on the door panel. is that true? i own an FG Punto 1.3 MJ Active
  2. @Vivek,

yes the air pressure written is ture with the cold and hot climate.
    why are your finding some difficulty??
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I maintain 32 on Front and Rear Tyre as said to me by the service advisor at Fortune, And usually check up at the the permanent station....
  4. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Hi All,

Did another trip on the car. This time it was Dhanaulti, Kanatal, Tehri and Kempty Falls. The car handles the mountains very well but you just need to learn to use turbo while ascending.

Anyways, found out on the way back that AC is not working.:( Its not cooling (if it is then its negligible). Would be taking the car to SC over the weekend. Just needed some pointers as to what all i can ask the SA to check in case they are not too sure.
  5. @ginnu:

are you hearing some hisssss sound when you put the AC .. if its so then its O-ring issue and the gas is leaking, don`t worry its a 2 hour job and it will be done in warranty.
  6. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Pics from Dhanaulti Trip

The Ac issue was due to the known O ring. Was fixed at SC under warranty.

Some pics from my trip to Dhanaulti in early December:

On way to Dhanaulti
    IMG_0244.JPG

Near Kanatal
    11122011615.jpg

On way to Tehri
    IMG_0320.JPG

Adjacent to Tehri Reservoir

IMG_0375.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    2 people like this.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    How was the ride with the Punto, Did you get any fellow Fiatians on the way????..
    The Photography has turned great,,
  8. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    The ride was great. You just need to drive in the appropriate gear and try to keep the turbo engaged while climbing. And i hardly saw 2-3 puntos in the hills over a span of 3 days.
  9. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Posted this in the Rat Menace thread as well, posting it here just to get an early reply:

Found Rat droppings in the car since last two days. Till now only in the glove box. Going to try tobacco pouches today. Please suggest where i can get the glue strip.

Also, i got the AC fixed two weeks back for which Service Center guys removed the front bumper, could this have led to some opening upfront from where the mice might be entering??
  10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Check out here, that's where I located the entry point of Rat. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/2044-rat-menace-ratocop.html#post81248