1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto EP MJD T-Wine: My Ferrari on a Budget

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ginnupotter, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    The car is now around 4500 kms on odo. Would be giving it for first service in the next week.

Two queries before i do that:

1. Had to take the car through some very dusty conditions. Anything special i need to check in the service like air filter or fuel filter?
    2. I am finding the low beam inadequate even for city driving in night, is there an official upgrade available for it ?

For the past two tankfuls i have been using AC around 40% of the time and the mileage has gone up to 16.5 kmpl. Otherwise the car is running nicely with only issue being keeping it clean with so much dust around and Wine Color.:)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you drive in dusty area, good to get Air and AC filter replaced, pretty cheap stuffs.
  3. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i know how it hurts when some envious idiot scratches a beauty like that. get yourself a body cover , and cover your car when you park overnight. Sabu is giving you a good mileage. A mileage of 15 kmpl in b2b conditions on a/c in delhi is very impressive.You can expect it to go up to 16.5 - 17 kmpl once you cross the 10000 kms mark.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  4. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Fuel Gauge Quirks

Hi,

Yesterday something strange happened. I Was driving the car with Fuel indicator halfway down the red zone. Was planning to fuel up near home. Range had been stuck at 52 for last 5-6 kms. However suddenly the car gave a low fuel warning and the needle went down to its lower most point. Although the car did not stop and thankfully i had a pump nearby still is this a normal behavior?

On fueling up with auto cut, i could get 38 liters diesel in there which means there was at least 5 liters still left when this happened.

I just need to know how far normally an mjd goes after the yellow fuel warning light comes up?

Going for a trip tomorrow, so need to know this. just in case!
  5. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

Hyderabad

As per user manual, yellow light will comes up at 5-7 litres stock. Same happened to me(20 days old Emotion Pack) and looks like its normal behaviour.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah there is usually 5 litres left as a reserve after the Yellow light glows,
    In my Corolla in Kuwait it has 5 letres after the yellow light is glown up, then after 5 Litres is consumed the range in the inication shows 0 Kms then also it has 3 Litres left i travelled around 20 kms after the range showed Zero.
  7. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    6200 KM Update

Did my first trip on the hills with Sabu. Went to Lansdowne over the weekend. Its great fun driving Punto on hills and now i understand what a perfectly weighted steering means.:p

Anyways, got the first service done a day before the trip and i believe the car was just washed and returned. I had asked for Air filter to be changed but was told that it was not needed. Please let me know if the i can check the air filter myself as i have taken the car through some very dusty stretches on more than a few occasions.

Also any particular check i need to do myself as otherwise the car is running fine with no issues.
  8. Hi ginnu,

you can check the air filter by yourself just need to open 6 screws of the air filer area.
    see this video Grande Punto 1.3 Airfilter Cleaning India - YouTube . if its dirty just try to clean with air blower.
    please don`t use plus to remove the screws, try to use proper tool.
    try to check all the fluid are proper.
  9. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Thanks for the response Drive_drift :)

From the video, do we need to clean the lower part of the filter or just blow air from the upper mesh?

Here are a few pics from the trip i took:

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG
  10. "From the video, do we need to clean the lower part of the filter or just blow air from the upper mesh?"

just blow air from both side. its won`t harm the filer. later if you got some money try to switch to other filer like green cotton, K&N etc, which will allow your car to breath air properly without the black smoke.

and nice pic :)