1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto EP MJD T-Wine: My Ferrari on a Budget

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ginnupotter, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Is it advisable to get the car washed at a local car wash with hydraulic lift? The car is quite dirty from underside :(
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

yes you can go ahead with the wash,every thing comes off with the pressure so worry not get it cleaned up nicely.

OT:we having meet today @ 2'o clock in cp A block. try to make it there.
  3. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Another Issue crops up

Yesterday night while coming back home, i thought i heard a small sound whenever going over bad road. I turned off the stereo and tried hard to listen, but then couldn't hear it. However this morning, somehow the sound has magnified and now i can hear it even on a slight undulation on the road. The sound seems to be a like something loose inside the dashboard or the engine bay. When the car goes over even the small plastic speed bumps inside office parking, the sound comes.

On reaching office, i checked the engine bay and found everything intact, i even tried to look behind the tyres by turning the steering, could not see anything wrong or loose.

Went through the forum and found a suggestion about removing things from the glove box, did that and the sound still persists.

Please advise if the car can be run for three more days with this sound as Saturday is the earliest i can take the car to SC.

:sadblue
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Check if the Mud flaps are rubbing against the speed breakers, They tend to make hell lot of noise :mrgreen:

If the noise isn't really worrisome don't visit the SC, Sometime the sound goes of itself. Whilst troubleshooting people at ASC can screw up other things, So pimp up the volume and enjoy the music and forget about these small things from dashboard etc.
  5. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    No the mudflaps are not touching the bump. I tried going very slowly over the small plastic bump in my office parking, and the sound still came. It seems to be related to suspension.

Wanted to ask one thing, i purchased my car from another dealer, but can i take it to HIM Motors Patparganj, to get this issue rectified, because as per the forum, Mr OP Sharma has joined there? Would i need to take prior appointment for this and would there be any charge?
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then you should get the engine guard and the link rods checked for looseness if mudflaps aren't the issue.

This might solve the problem. Search forum with following keywords "khat khat sound from below"
  7. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Thanks for the pointer, the sound does seems to be like one explained in the threads i got with the search.

Will be taking the car to the SC this saturday.

Thanks again for the help :)
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yes - you can take to any TASS to rectify issues. The dealership from where I brought my car and the TASS where I show now are on different states.

Please excuse me if this is already covered, may be it is the tie-rod issue.

It will be better to book early and take prior appointment.
  9. maverick

maverick Amatore

It is the link rod (left one) that is making this noise. All new Punto, 2011 make has this problem, the people at the service center doesn't do proper PDI before handing over the car. Please get it tightened at the TASS when you get time.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I had a sqeeky noise from the rear even on the straight road with little ups on the street, even when i got up from the car the noise used to come, I went to my cousin who has a garage, he said just take it for the car wash, lift it on the ramp and tell the guy to spray the suspensions and the shock ups with diesel thats it, and the sound was vanished...