1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Punto EP MJD T-Wine: My Ferrari on a Budget

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ginnupotter, Aug 13, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Not on the iphone you will still have to control from the steering buttons. I haven't used an ipod but I think it would be the same.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Thanks for the response. This is something i sorely miss. I would like my wife to have the control of music rather than using the steering controls.

Anyways, i have a crazy idea as a workaround to make up for lack of A2DP. I am not too sure if it would be feasible.

What if we have an app for the phones which can mask music as voice call for B&M and stream it to the music system as any voice call would be.:confused:

Does it seem possible or am I thinking too much out of the box?!!:p
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the Punto.

Very glad and a bit amused at the pic taken in the traffic jam. Punto keeps you involved at all times.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Punto
  4. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Little Niggles

Just noticed this morning, when i push the wiper stalk forward, water is not getting sprayed on the rear glass. Same was working yesterday. Also it is still working for the front windshield. Can I check it myself or this needs to be noted down for the 1st service?

Also i noticed that the soft plastic material just below the wipers (which ideally should stick to the windshield at the bottom) is uneven and coming away from the windshield at few places (Would post a pic in evening). Is this normal for a Punto?
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratz on your Punto.

Now that you have mentioned it, I think i also saw the same at one place on my car. Let me check it again and confirm.
  6. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ginnu,

The FE will increase as you progress, mine baby is as new as your's and i drive bumber to bumber traffic as well it will increase on the days to come .

If you want a good shine of the car use formula 1 carnauba wax it is easy to apply gives an excellent shine.

As for the clutch try sitting a little back then you will more comfortable to drive

1400 to 2000 RPM is perfect but dont keep it constant.

Tke her out on the highway and you will feel her right

Happy driving punto babies are easy to get used once done you will never leave her for life trust me.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

While i agree that F1 Carnauba, trutle Hard Shell Carnauba etc are good, there are much much better products available. Recently I tried Mothers FX SynWax and the effect is super - please do take a look here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...e-1.3-MJD-Punto-Active-(1111-km-update)/page8

FX is much easier to use than F1\Turtle etc and the shine, water beading, reflections etc are beyond compare.

Mguiars NXT 2.0 techwax, Collinite 845 etc are some really worthy alternatives.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  8. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    I thought best efficiency was achieved with constant RPMs?? offcourse with appropriate gear engaged.:confused:
  9. Even My punto shows nice values in Instant consumption only when I drive between 1400 and 2000. And Ruben's comment is right as per my observation. By maintaining the Same RPM I see the value decreasing.
  10. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Somehow i believe and have observed that maintaining the right and constant RPM gives max mileage.:confused: