1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my punto and his honda city.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by jayadev, Jul 26, 2011.

1. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Thats the problem of Fiat. They never advertise their products 'seriously' in India. After two years of launch, most of the people have not heard about 'Punto'.:uh
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I have a Punto and a City too and can identify with a few of the observations here.

Even Punto GC is an issue and I feel a more serious one. In the Punto, it's always the engine that hits the road. Thank God for the protective plate! In the City it's the middle of floor or the rear portion of the car that hits the road.

Mainly due to the thin , spindly tyres.

Totally agree on this. The brakes are a critical cost cutting feature in the City and it's surprising to me that this issue has till today not been reported on by anyone. Even at much slower speeds of about 60-80kmph in an emergency braking scenario, the City will scare you.

Being in the City gives me the feeling that Honda knew what the benchmark is but deliberately decided to take everything a notch below the benchmark. It's a typical Jap product. It does a bit of everything well rather then excel in some areas. It manages to satisfy most of your requirements without being thoroughly lacking in any.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Most of my father's friends say "It has to be a Honda, or nothing". Why? Just because of the badge. Does it has anything "special"?

And when my father showed our T-Jet to his boss (who owns a Dzire), he said "It's the first car I've seen with a boot as big as a Dzire" LOL!

That's the thing I like about Fiats, it makes everyone go green with envy!
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I had a lot of errands within the city to do so took my City as it's a A/T.

Drove to the GM showroom in MIDC area of Navi Mumbai. A crater was there just at the enterence of the road that leads to the showroom.

CRRRUNCHHHH!!

Could feel the silencer scrape the road badly. And I really mean BADLY.

Left from there for Bandra East. A speedbreaker in Airoli. Mind you a normal one.

DHUUP!

The underbody hits the ground.

Reach Bandra East to find roads worse then what we find in Afghansitan. A lot of cars crawling and going angular to avoid hitting their undersides. I follow the lead car in the same route.

CRRRUUNCHHH!! KHARRRTTTT!!

Felt like the silencer would crack at that impact. It was SCARY!

Luckily the way back was on a proper road.

To be fair, the Punto would hit the underbody in the crater filled Bandra road too but the impact in the City was just scary.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Amit ..Thanx for the genuine reply. I will not say the Honda's products are bad, but the ANHC is not upto the mark. We are paying the extra amount just for the 'H' badge . People has this feeling that owing a Honda increases their prestige in the society ( Amit & other fellows with ANHC, I am not pin pointing any of you my friends . This is a general perception of the people). Once they owe this Honda, if anything bad happens they keep mum because they cannot say that their Honda is giving trouble. They fear that their image will come down.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The worst part about Honda is the double jeopardy of cost cutting AND overcharging.

Only recently did they drop prices because they were slapped left right and centre by the competition.

I am an admirer of Honda's engines but not this City . The first gen Accord and second gen City were bloody good cars.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    this is seriously true with maruthi and hyundai too.
    i have seen worst case scenarios and owners had big mouth.
  8. sudhish

sudhish Timido

Bangalore
    Spotted Punto in Cars-2 movie..!!
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    has anyone spotted the linea in the movie SHAITAN. theres a red linea in one scene
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

My Cousin always talks -ve about Fiat. He is a big fan of Swift VDi. He always talks good about VDi and bad about Fiat.

Once, I suffered from Typhoid. I had very bad bodyache. I wanted to go to my parents in Moradabad. I moved from Indirapuram and felt that I can't drive till Moradabad. Called my Dad and told the same. My Dad asked my cousin to meet me on the way and drive the car.

We met near Hapur toll tax. I gave key of my car. I clearly felt -ve smile on his face, looked like he got a chance to pointout bad things about Punto .

We moved.... I noticed that he drove my car till 140 kph with sweet smile. He overtook almost every car on the road. When we reached home, he said "Yaar badi DHASOO gadi hai". Dhasoo means very good.

Since than he talks good about my Punto. He always try to get keys and drive. :)