1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my punto and his honda city.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by jayadev, Jul 26, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yeah we are good friends and made decision to own a good car almost at same time. myself had indica vista and his was indica dls.
    he bought all new honda city that happened suddenly when i was out of india.i learnt about his new ride from his friends . no problems. his idea was to give me a greater surprise.
    looking at his japanese macho machine ,desire has arisen in myself.a honda city ,definitly a white beast for myself.!!
    fortunately my indica vista broke down and family decided to replace vista with something better.
    with all bells and whistles ringing in my ear about great perfomance car "honda city".yeah in kerala when it comes to car it is either swift dzire or honda city . rarely does anybody think about anything else.let me shorten.
    instead of honda city i ended up with punto 90hp..!!

yet one thing seriously intrigues me is about fiat,niggling car,bad after sales service ,unreliable car blah blah .so i know my punto can break down anytime as i have seen and read so many of honest reviews and word of mouth; realized buying punto was bad idea.my angels should pardon me for not doing thorough research before buying a car..

but his honda city.!! earned lot of appraisal for wise decision people adored his honda city because it is honda ,deep down devil in me felt jealous that was the worst part.when we friends meet up most of them would prefer riding in his honda city i will be alone driving in my punto.though it is not much of concern for me as the so called friends are better fools as they often talk swift dzire feels more comfortable and stylish than honda city blah blah.:(

the honda city is on 25000+km twice it was recalled first it was for some major engine part then recently for shock absorber and something else. within this period brake pads have been changed ,brake disc had been skimmed blah blah costing him rs.10000/- and one serious brake down also.
    well it is not good thing to ask how is your car doing. i think it is same as asking a man how is your wife doing. so i dont ask . ahem..ahem..then how to get the info?? if etiquette and morality need to be maintained then it is sheer luck to get some details.
    untill now i thought honda city was designed by god himself but i agree now i was an idiot:rolleyes:. i felt pity on him for low GC he usually do not take out the car rather depend on rickshaw,as road in kerala have got too bad.

my fiat has spinned12200+km. in between met with an unfortunate incident then service and repairs was done duly at reasonable cost and post 2000km after repairs i am still continuing the journey with my punto as good as new. the incident was not due to manufacturers fault. so punto is on safer side.
    within this much time with her i am wondering if i had spent anything for niggling or brakedown-NO. not yet. she is doing fine and moving on. once she had spinned continuesly for 800km non stop (chennai-kerala) no issues yet.
    most interestingly on bad roads the underbelly engine guard which is thick sheet of steel i go over pot holes and bad roads without any worries.i have tested and tried lot of time on this underbelly scrathing and realized i am safe, punto is safe like an suv.

"this honda city is not much fun to drive beyond 100kmph" that is his words. it feels nervous .he says he had gone upto 150kmph on straight road and feeling came that it would not stop as brakes got bit ineffective.
    i was comparing my punto when doing 170kmph it was not scary at all and applied brakes felt as if hit a brick wall. (yes, smoke and rubber burning smell did suffocate us all inside..terrible it was.)
    yesterday night had a happy sleep having a glimpse of my punto. so far she is worth money spend and regret being jealous about honda city owners.:lol:
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Jayadev thats great experience. I cant control my emotions by reading this. I am yet to get my car.

Hay where is your car? Please share some more photos.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jayadev, it is not just you. Many others go through this phase at times. What I think is that the major reason for these insecurities and worries are all those comments that we get to hear from others for being FIAT owners.

Sometimes I used tostand in my balcony at night, staring at an i20 that is parked near my house and wonder if I did the right thing by cancelling my booking of i20 Asta and opting for a Punto instead. But today after 1 year, I think yes, even though I am not very confident in saying so as I have now moved to a new place in Haryana and there is no FIAT car spotted in this region. I have spotted only 2 Fiats so far in 1 month. i20 on the other hand are a plenty over here. Around 7-8 i20s in around 200 families. There is 1 Toyota Fortuner, 2 Skoda Octavias, 3-4 vernas and 2-3 Honda Cities. Then comes the i20s and my lone Punto. Rest are Maruti Suzuki cars.
  4. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    such a wonderfull narration, it makes me feel proud of my decission to own a punto
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Jayadev you drive a much better car. Honda have made good cars, but ANHC is not one of them.

I'll tell a personal experience.

Our relatives, very close ones got themselves the ANHC an year ago.

And we got ourselves the Linea MJD E+ this March. Those relatives got soo jealous on seeing the beauty of the Linea that they didn't even congratulate us even once! The ANHC standing next to the Linea looks an ugly duckling. They just got burnt by it.

That's the difference. People may be buying some other car , but deep down in their hearts they know what's what. Rest assured, there are plenty of cases of reverse jealousy also. LOL

Cheers.

Gurjinder
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed Paji
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gurjinder, my friend owns an ANHC since December 2009. He calls it Honda. He will never say "my car", "my city", "my honda city" oranything. He will just say for example "let me pick my bag from my Honda. I will be right back".

He is a very BIG fan of Audi series and was once telling me about the DIS of Audi. That guy got the shock of his life when we went to check out the Punto for me. The first words he spoke after hearing the Blue&Me lady were "Why didn't I know that this car can do this!!". :) The expression on his face was priceless when the MID displayed "right front door open". :D
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :lol Paddleshifter thats sounds funny
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    great.

once my brother said to a guy. (bank officer who own swift desire and big mouth about it) he was talking about his unique key (regular one) to my father their friends. my brother interrupted .. oh well our fiat got desmodronic keys..!!!showed the keys in folded position.all were surprised and said wow! but the bank guy.
    that was 3 months back and till now bank guy did not speak to him ,not even a smile when they come face to face.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Jayadev, Thanks for your post. Even a civic owner had told me that his punto, 90 hp is better than his civic in terms of driving comfort. But only people who own both price the vehicle will realize this.
    1 person likes this.