1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my Punto 1.4 Em Pk

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by Roadrash30, Nov 2, 2010.

1. That's a decent FE. I am getting only 9 :( I keep the rpm at around 2000. I always keep the IC reading on display when I drive. Haven't had any success in increasing the FE.
  2. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Is your running in heavy traffic (lots of gear changes, braking, acceleration etc)? Mileage can also suffer on shorter runs. You can get the air filters & tyre pressure checked also.
  3. Roadrash30

Roadrash30

Goa
    yeah Ravi,it was factory fitted.
    Am not sure whether Apollo tyres are good or bad..

@ Vikrant: Am getting average FE as 11.5 in mix drinving conditions.But your fe is amazing

Problem:yesterday my AC was not cooling though it was working.
    Dont know what will happen now.Coz I heard a lot abt Punto's AC problems.Stressed now :A
  4. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    @ ancientmariner: How old is your car? yes do check the tyre pressure. Was getting mileage of 9-10 initially too. Also hope you reset the trip meter before any trip( I also reset my trip meter to show average consumption in kms per litre).

@roadrash: I think you are getting a decent average, it should increase. Do try the above steps too. Also I try to keep a light foot on accelerator.

Does the tyre specification also help in increasing or decreasing the FE? :confused1
  5. My car is about 4 months old with 900 kms. Yes its mostly through moderate city traffic and short runs ( < 5kms) and thanks to the umpteen speed breakers in my area, there is constant gear changing/braking/acceleration. During one of the highway runs on NICE Rd I got an amazing 15 km/l @ 80-90 km/hr. Didn't go beyond that speed.
    I guess 9-11 is the norm for city for 1.4 Punto.
  6. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    I think there is no issue with your Punto. Traffic and short runs are killing the FE :cry: Try to slowdown without brakes when approaching speed breakers and gently accelerate. I would rather drive as I like, ignoring the 1 kmpl increase in FE. ::T
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am new to the forum. I also has 1.4 Emotion 900 km . In my case I got max FE of 19.4 for a trip from vasco to Panjim around 31 km.
    One has to use correct gear.
  8. Roadrash30

Roadrash30

Goa
    @ sungoa2010: Congrats dude for your new Punto.
    Mine crossed 1000 kms in 25 days..Will be be taking her to service centre at Nuvem coz my AC is not cooling.
    BDW which place you belong to?
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I stays in Zuari Nagar. Mine is also october purchase. I might have seen your vehicle since there is very few Punto's
    on road in goa. My delivery was in Oct 16th. I have seen a brand new BNW EP 1.4 inside the showroom for dispayand probably yours will be the same. Congrats for your vehicle. My ac is very cool. Even in 1 we feel very cool. But I am also using Lumnar diamond series fil which has 93% heat resistance(11K). Probably better cooling may be due to this. I am facing a strange warning light issue in my car. The car some times jerks in morning while moving and the EOBD light blinks. Will be taking the vehicle to Fatorda. How is the noise level while during initial acceleration. I am finding it growls even below 2.5 K.
  10. Roadrash30

Roadrash30

Goa
    hey I didnt take that car which was there inside the showroom.Coz it had scratches on the bumper.
    indeed i placed my order on 25 sep and got delivery on 2 nd nov.
    Regarding that warning light,even I had the same issue and MID was showing something ''excees fluid''.I dont know what the issue is.but nowadays it has stopped..
    hey is there any other service station in GOA? As u have mentioned fatorda coz I even i will be taking my Car to nuvem showroom coz of this Cooling issue.really worried abt this