1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pretty, Just got Prettier for me

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Naughty, May 7, 2012.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    I got it for 15500 here in Kochi (Global Tyres) last year. Set of 4
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    if you've not paid too much for the race-chip I'd say go with a remap.. Its better, cleaner and more adaptive ..
    I dont want to start a fight again against Tuning boxes VS remaps so if you need anything just PM me.
    After having used tuning boxes from many brands I can definitely say a remap give you exactly what you want while a tuning box will do exactly what it wants.. ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I will think about it black... and will definitely consult you, if I decide and would want to go for Remap anytime in future... Almost all remapping guys are there in down south... firstly They wanted at least 4 cars to come and do it here in ahmedabad to make it viable for them... secondly opening ECU and sending it to them did not convince me.... Thirdly They were definitely more expensive than the tuning box... Tuning boxes were transferable... and even can sale it anytime if I want to... and most important I had the fear of losing the warranty if by any chance TASS find it out but for which in any case I had bitter experience just y'day in which i was 100% genuine for my claim to consider my faulty clutch assembly under warranty and they simply denied giving bullshit answer...

For the matter of fact i was seriously considering Cosworth for the ECU Remap and also ordered for it to one of the agent here in ahmedabad but they wanted atleast four cars to come to ahmedabad to do the job... Cosworth is the one who does all the job for Renault and preparing Renault vehicles for the race is what was told to me... Just like Tune -O - Tronics... Cosworth also do customize your map as per your requirements... and the agent quoted me only Rs.15000 for Cosworth remap... but meanwhile one of the friend happen to visit Germany so asked him to get this RaceChip Tuning box for me and cancelled my order for Cosworth Remap... Will install RaceChip only after getting installed the new brake Pads for my Ride... :)
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Update

Some more updates...

Got the front windshield wipers water sprayer's panel on the bonnet Vinyled...

Here are some pics...

IMG02924-20120525-1204.jpg IMG02921-20120525-1057.jpg IMG02919-20120525-1057.jpg IMG02922-20120525-1057.jpg IMG02923-20120525-1204.jpg
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    good to see a well modded ride. your punto is an example in the otherwise i20 & swift crazy region.
    1 person likes this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    so you didn't get the warranty on this?
    And this is what I'm telling you as well.. If the TASS folks are really the sort who will accept mistakes then there will definitely be claims given out easily..
    We have to accept that warranty is only if they want to extend it or else they will give some nonsense answers only...

I fully agree with you're point between remaps and TBs, But if you have plans of keeping this car for at least 6yrs (which is what i have) then i think somewhere down the lane it will even out.
    Besides remaps are not highly expensive than TBs boss... Nearly the same and sometimes cheaper as well(in the case of COSWORTH).

I also fully against anyone working on the ECU without my presence so shipping is not sensible.
    anyway you decide, if you do think of it let me know
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Thanks for the good words Karan :)

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Yes... They have rejected the claim i have put to cover it under warranty with the bullshit answer... :A
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    very neat ride man... i really liked the treatment on the rear tail lamp n am going to do that asap on my punto !!!!
    i am planning to get CF vinyl from blore n do that plastic panel on the bonnet edge... the matt black vinyl also looks gud !!how much did you pay for those two things? tail lamp n stickerin.?
    btw you should have done the roof in gloss black vinyl...
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    first of all... thanks for your good kind words of appreciation... :)... here in ahmedabad only few stickering guys are ready to do these jobs(They make more money in preparing number plates which is comparatively easy and less laborious job for them)... I am sure from where I got it done is damn expensive... but he uses better products though not the best... I dint find any stickering guy using 3M products here.... This guy is using at least LG Branded vinyls... Tail lamps work costed me something around Rs.300-350 (dont remember exactly).... and I am yet to pay for that plastic panel on the bonnet edge, so am not sure how much is he gonna charge for that... I am also thinking of doing something with those Logo Emblems... so may be will make the final payment after that....

And yah.... I also asked for the glossy vinyl on the roof... but I had sent my car to get few things done at Baroda and I was in Ahmedabad that time and that guy in Baroda did it with Matt Vinyl... Initially I was upset with it but Now I guess I am ok with it... moreover I think scratches and dirt will be more visible on glossy vinyl than this matt vinyl... I am already having tough time maintaining this black thing so glossy would be even more troublesome for me...
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i think gloss would be much more better than matt... i ve seen both and suggested a friend to go for gloss recently..i didnt go for it still, bcoz i dont have a good set of alloys yet and it ll lok overdone without alloys !! . here s a pic of my friends ride....

292230_10150949111876490_673036489_12622983_1023170618_n.jpg