1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My preloved linea dynamic petrol 1.4

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by amolraut, Sep 16, 2014.

1. amolraut

amolraut Timido

Mumbai
    Linea.jpg Greetings to all fiat lovers,
    I purchased this linea from one of the owner in Thane via OLX
    This is my first car

My family is in Nagpur and quest of buying vehicle started around 2 months back after discussion with dad. My budget was limited so contender were very few .
    As Indian , First we check Maruti. I was no different. Our first contender was Maruti Alto K10. I went with mom to Maruti service centre to have a check. Me being 6 feet tall was finding very difficult to fit into it . CANCELLED
    After checking Alto , I found Ritz very attractive but only base variant could fit into my budget. And base variant has nothing to justify that price . Kept as option if at all I plan to raise my budget

Third was Nissan Micra. It has more space than Ritz :D. I don't know how Nissan engineer managed to do so . Not that good in handling but worth a test drive . Kept this option open as XL was in my budget & lot many features even in base variant .

Later I came to Mumbai (Work place) I started searching Used cars Online. In third attempt I finalised deal with Linea.

Barring cosmetics , car is in good shape. Very smooth to drive . Black beauty
    + New tires
    + New Battery
    + No engine noise even after 53000 Kms on ODO
    + Only 4 years old Sept 2010 passing
    - Insurance lapsed
    - Few rust spots

I went for 0 Dep. Insurance for peace of mind

Fiat has proven engine which is used all over the world so no worry.
    It has best in class chassis for ride and handling

Besides Fiat use world class machinery which other OEM don't go for to save money (Being in manufacturing I know that)

I don't know why there are issues in Electroplating/ painting in paint shop during manufacturing as there are few rusty spots on body. I don't mind aesthetics but rust shouldn't eat body in future

I wish FIAT could give 5 year warranty on Paint/sheet metal.

Deal delayed but went smooth .

Now car is in Mumbai & I have to drive this beauty to Nagpur

Thanks
    Happy owner / customer
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats @amolraut for your ride. Hip-Hop Black Linea looks really awesome, sure you will take needed efforts to maintain its shine for coming years. Wish you happy and safe mile munching.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Welcome @amolraut
    Thats indeed a great looking and well maintained car. Otherwise its very very hard to ensure a scratch free black car in mumbai :(

Can you also share the cost and photos of places where you see rust. Someone might be able to suggest you solutions.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @amolraut for the black beauty!!
    wishing u thousands of trouble free kms:)
  5. amolraut

amolraut Timido

Mumbai
    Thanks everyone. I am uploading pics of rusted area. Need your help guys to sort that out . I got it washed yesterday itself and today again covered is dust. Construction site near my area so cant help

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I guess, in most probability, its mumbai effect. If vehicle didnt had covered parking, it added to the woes.
    I dont think its serious, still paint the effected areas, so that it doesnt increase.
  7. Pranob Mukharjee

Pranob Mukharjee Novizio

Indore
    Congratulations @amolraut for your beautiful Linea.
    Please do post more pics and other details of the deal, hoping to hear more from you soon.
  8. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats Amolraut on your Linea & welcome to TFI. As Abhishek mentioned, paint it at the earliest before it spreads. Was the car used near to the sea by the previous owner?? I had a Hyundai accent long back which I bought from a person who was staying near Besant Nagar beach, Chennai. The car had rust all over which we spotted only later.
  9. amolraut

amolraut Timido

Mumbai
    @kailasmenon2000 Rust is not all over , just few small on door. I will get it done soon.
    Previous owner stays around 50 Kms away from seashore

As it crossed 50K Kms I am planning to replace Camshaft Timing belt, Alternator timing belt & maybe power steering belt replaced first
  10. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @amolraut and Welcome to TFI Family.
    Enjoy your ride! :)