1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pierina in Abarth avatar

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Toruk_Macto, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Toruk_Macto, must say your Abarth looking amazing! Even i want to know how you did abarth logos? Just same as kedar did for his punto?
    Also you've painted door handles or put vinyl on it?
  2. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Thanks Yashik. Ya, I wish they start selling Abarth, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo merchandise in FIAT cafe.

Thanks Vijay

Thanks Mahesh.

Thanks Sandeep. No problem yaar. I can understand. We all are busy. I am generally a bit relaxed on fridays, so decided to take snaps on friday. Let me know whenever you are free, we can meet. I did the Abarth stripe from the contact you provided (Pappu radium), but he denied to make logos. He said they are too small and with lots of different colors. He, then, took me to a sticker shop and made the stickers. But, I did not like the stickers and also, the sticker guy made it too small. So, I got only Abarth stripe done from him. He told me that no one will make those small logos in radium or vinyl.

Next day, I decided to try if there is any shop in ghatkopar. I searched near Amar Mahal Chembur, since there are quite a few car accessories shops there. After half an hour of search I found a guy who makes radium/vinyl for bikes. I gave him the Abarth logo vectors and he said he can do it :p I made 3 big logos and 6 small logos (for tyre) and cost me only Rs. 300 :p

Thanks Tron. I think Kedar sent Abarth logo which has black dots around it. I did not like those black dots. So, I searched on the net and found Abarth logo vector file. Since the first radium guy messed with the dimensions, I was careful next time. I measured the dimensions this time. I kept the height of logo as 2.75 inch and then, I asked radium person to create a 4 inch circle around it. I pasted the whole circle on the original FIAT logo and cut the Abarth logo from inside (since FIAT logo is not circular from inside).

I was thinking of putting vinyl on the door handles, but then I thought door handles will be touched again and again and vinyl may come out or get dirty. So, I painted it. I was not sure how they will look after the painting. But to my surprise they look really good and goes along with Abarth theme (my opnion).
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    First of all congrats on your ride, then , cheers on your captivating narrative. :D

Wishing you many more miles with your wife!

Kudos to the TFI member who picked out that glitch through a pic. This is a wonderful place to be in. :dancing
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Toruk_Macto, can you PM your contact no. to me? We are thinking to have small meet, so i can let you know too?
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  5. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    PM sent. Always ready for meet.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    just sent a msg on your no. hope you got it.
  7. JJPunter

JJPunter

Chennai
    Nice job..after seeing your car im tempted to do the same to my car..;)
  8. Piyush ..
    That was simple and awesome mod that you had done . Saw it today only ..
    I really wonder how I missed this thread ..

Ajit
  9. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Thanks @ JJPunter. Well, very soon we will have a team-abarth :D

Thanks Ajit for the good words :)
  10. CrAzY dRiVeR

CrAzY dRiVeR Timido

Bangalore
    Can you please share the vector files? I'm thinking of doing fixing ABARTH logos on my GP 90 as well. Email- iamsujaij(at)gmail(dot)com.

Basically looking for the front grill logo, rear hatch logo, wheel caps and steering wheel. Might go with the ABARTH lettering at a later stage as shown in the below pic.
    abarth-grande-punto-r3q.jpg