1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pierina in Abarth avatar

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Toruk_Macto, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Hi all,

As the title suggests, my and her story is like any stupid bollywood romantic movie. I have tried my best to make it interesting, so that you do not sleep while reading it.

It was somewhere in 2010, when I was fed up of my first wife (MS Esteem). She was already divorced by 2 men earlier. One bright sunny day, I started my journey with her to go to my office, she started making noise. Dispensary (service center) was on my way to the office. So I visited dispensary and asked doctor (service center mechanics) why she is making noise. He took her inside operation theatre (service center) and checked her and told me that suspension seems to be a problem. He told that I might have to change the whole front suspension assembly, which will cost around 20,000 :A. I took her from there and went to office. That whole day I was very much depressed about her increasing expenses. So, I decided to divorce her. Finally, after few days I managed to find her a new husband and I was relieved :p.

Now, it was difficult to live without any life partner. Since I had limited budget for marriage, I got engaged to Chevrolet spark. But, I never loved her and eventually broke the engagement just before marriage (cancelled the booking). I was free again :p. This was somewhere early 2011.

I was in search for new life partner. I decided to interview (test drive) some of the brides available in market. One of my friend was also looking for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] wife and we decided to hunt for the bride together. We interview almost all of available options except punto (1.3 MJD). I never thought of marrying a girl whose parents (FIAT) has bad reputation. I always knew society will not accept us. But, my friend told me atleast we should interview her because it’s not always the case that bad parents have bad child. So, we went to interview this girl. She was standing in her house (at showroom) in red marriage gown (shaadi ka chola). She was very much beautiful and waiting for her husband. I decided not to fall in trap of beauty because I wanted a sanskari bahu. We interviewed her and that was the turning point in the story. I liked her very much. I felt she is the one who will take care of me for the rest of my life. She was very strong, yet elegant. She was very modern, yet with great driving cultured. I drove her at the speed of 20 in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] gear and she did not say a word. I thought I found my soul-mate. I liked her red marriage gown and decided to marry her in this red shaadi ka chola. Now came the villain, the price. Though she was most VFM for its price amongst all premium brides, I had budget constraint for our marriage. Also, I did not want a simple marriage (Active variant). I wanted a better marriage ceremony (Emotion variant). So, I decided to wait for some time until I arranges some vitamin M.

I decided to wait till August-September , because this is the time when I would get my bonus. This was the long wait and was very painful. So, I decided to meet her once every month (test drive with different dealers). The story of our love was smooth and was going nicely towards a grand marriage. But, now came the twist. All of a sudden, in the month of June-July, a Japanese babe (Honda Jazz) came into my life. I never considered this girl because of her pricey attitude. But, this world had broken her attitude and she was down to earth. My friend decided to give her a chance and interview her. We interviewed her and were blown away by her big heart (Space inside). She was very much accommodative and made promise that she will take care of my whole family. Since, it was matter of family, I was very much impressed by her all-round capability like typical Indian bride. I decided to go on a date with her (test drive). I, along with my family, took her ride. But, we were not happy with her built and suspension. We did not felt safe enough with her (like I felt very safe with my Italian love).

I was very much confused. I had few sleepless nights. On one side, it was strong Italian love and on the other side, the Japanese babe with large heart. It was this time when I decided to go for pre-marriage counselling. I chose a counsellor called “Team-Fiat”. I knew this is the counsellor who has lots of Italian wives. You can find the counselling discussion on the following link :

They counselled me well (as I expected). Co-incidentally, Japanese babe was in very much demand and her parents told me that you can’t marry her before February. That sealed my decision to go for Italian love. I decided that I will marry my Italian love and named her Pierina. I got engaged to her (booking), so that no one else can change my mind after that. I decided to marry her in red gown (shaadi ka chola).

After 2-3 days I realised that she might look better in white marriage gown and I can marry her in church. But, her father-in-law (my dad) wanted her to be in Indian attire (red).On the next day, I was watching honeymoon (Mumbai-pune meet of team-fiat) pics/videos of people who had married to their Italian wives. My official wife was also watching it. Suddenly, she came across Kedar Bendre’s Italian wife and her immediate response was “We should have booked white one”. Thanks Kedar. I showed her both red and white ones (in pics) and she was sure that we should book white one. So, we decided to go against my dad’s wish, and I called up her parents (dealer). I asked them to change her marriage outfit to white. Also, to make it more grand, I changed the decision to go for more premium one (Emotion pack). Believe me, I took this decision (going from 1.3 emotion to 1.3 emotion pack) in less than 30 sec. You can imagine my excitement.

Initially, it was decided to keep marriage ceremony (delivery) on 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Oct. But, since marriage gown was changed from red to white, it delayed the marriage. Eventually, we got married on 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Oct.

I could not sleep properly on the day before my wedding day. I was very much excited to marry her. On the wedding day, each minute was passing like an hour. We reached the venue and met her parents (dealer). They told she is taking bath (guys, don’t imagine anything here) and will take some time before she gets ready. We were all waiting eagerly and becoming impatient. After some time she came out with white marriage gown and she was looking gorgeous. Her parents were doing some make-up (decoration). My dad had bought flower neckless for her (It was actually a marriage flower neckless, as you can see in the pics). I got married to her and we did a small puja.

It’s been a week (and 450 kms) we are together and I am enjoying every moment with her.

Things I like about her :
    1. Strong build quality
    2. Amazing suspension (probably best in class)
    3. Great Ride & Handling
    4. Killer looks (Even after 2 years of its launch, still a head turner)
    5. Boot Space
    Things I do not like about her :
    1. Cabin Space (still adequate since in our family, we all have medium height)
    2. Average interior plastic quality
    3. Fear of ASS (yet to experience, but till now a good dealer experience)
    Few questions to you all, your help appreciated :
    1. Is there any provisioning of activating “twoink twoink” sound we lock/unlock central locking?
    2. In my friend’s car, if you unlock the car by remote key less entry and do not attain the car for 1 min, it automatically locks the car. I could not find this facility in Pierina or may be I don’t know how to activate it. Is this possible?
    3. There is a small safety glitch. You lock the doors by pressing the door latch. Imagine if somebody accidently pull the latch, then door will be open. Generally, in most of the car, latch and door lock are separate. But, here unlocking of the door and opening of the door is by same latch. Any solution to this?
    Check out the photographs of marriage ceremony.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
    6 people like this.
  2. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

DSC2283.jpg DSC2287.jpg DSC2292.jpg DSC2293.jpg DSC2295.jpg DSC2307.jpg DSC2308.JPG DSC2309.JPG DSC2316.jpg DSC2318.jpg DSC2319.jpg DSC2324.jpg DSC2330.JPG DSC2331.jpg DSC2332.jpg DSC2334.jpg
    10 people like this.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Congratulations. Wish you happy miles ahead.

Your passion and attachment towards your Car is clearly reflected in the quality snaps.

Good Luck.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay congratulations :) and nice photos
  5. Congrats and Happy married life....... ;)

Loved your post.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

What an awesome post that was!

Kept laughing throughout.

Cheers buddy. Excellent choice and writing skills.
  7. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Thanks @kr_vasudev, @kedarbendre, @romsi_rk, @gurjinder. Any answers to my queries?
  8. Hey Congrats mate ! Good Post . Any reason you changedur choice from red to white ? I luv the ferrari red ..
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Congrats.nice write up.happy motoring
  10. shams

shams Esperto

that was hilarious!! superbly written!! :)