1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY PERSONAL JET - PRESENTING SUPERNOVA!!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by pabhishek, Dec 28, 2013.

1. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This has happened couple of times to me, when i clean my car on the road. Few guys approach to me just to say your car looks nice :D. You will be a proud owner.

Wat is the cost of your PPF ? i am planning to do it on front and rear bumper.
    1 person likes this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    PPF is hell costly. I also initially thought for both the bumpers edges; but finally settled for rear edges and orvm's

It costed me 10K including ORVM's. Cost of ppf is 489/sqft in Pune.
    1 person likes this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Got the paint sealed :)

Here are the Pics..
    Cant help about pics quality. Taken from Mobile cam..

IMG_0951.jpg IMG_0953.jpg IMG_0960.jpg

Few More..

IMG_0955.jpg IMG_0959.jpg
    Raaz and Flywheel like this.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Your ride is looking amazing!! Did you get it done at 3M Baner?

How much did it cost and what all did you get done?
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for the kind words!!

All the details had been posted in my few earlier posts flywheel. Have a look. :)
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  6. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    My bad missed it! Do keep us posted on how the PPF is holding up after a couple of months.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Sure!! I Will keep you all updated. 3M guys gave 1 year warranty on it.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey Guys, Supernova completed 3K during my current visit to mumbai. When i started from Pune, Karve Road, my trip was having some 120 odd kms(entirely city running) with an Avg. consumption of 11.9 km/l.
    When I reached my Nerul, Mumbai home total distance in trip A was around 250 kms and Avg consumption shown on MID with full A/C was -
    IMG_0962.jpg

Note - I am not able to delete the upside down image somehow. Mods, Can you please delete that Pic. Thanks

IMG_0962.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Raaz and PaddleShifter like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey guys,,

So fiat india representative came for feedback at my place too. This guy named Hasan was the 3rd person to call me for feedback in person; earlier two never turned up. This guy was nice and professional. He came exactly at mentioned time. Took my detailed feedback for Tjet.
    I was washing my Jet when he came for feedback, so this interaction happened in parking itself. (Pics of gleaming Jet will follow soon )
    He specificallly asked 4-5 times about what are my dislikes in this car
    apart from asking regular stuff like ->
    Why did you liked this car; one thing which you liked about this car;
    why you bought this;
    who were the competitors;
    did you got any discount;
    How was the dealer, etc,etc.

So when he asked about my dislikes, I told him that I can't find any negative in this car, but there are few aspects in which Fiat india should look into it to make this car appeal more to the general public like panel alignment issues, some ergonomic issues, Better QC before leaving plant, etc.

He listened thoroughly to my each point and was keen on knowing more. When I told him about any dislikes, after listening it he asked for more negatives, if any, and repeated this 4-5 times as I mentioned earlier.

It seems FIAT India is stressing on dislike part and they want to improve it. (Introduction of bottle holders is one proof; i guess)
    Interaction lasted 20 odd minutes. A nice experience I must say ; if they take action on it.

Happy Tjetting!!
    Raaz and mchanna like this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    3 months up!!

Hi Guys,

Supernova has completed 3 months, so thought of updating this thread which was inactive since last few weeks. Plus, I am stuck with this shitty Tata Docomo(Postpaid gsm) connection whose services are just plain horrible to say the least. Earlier i was an Idea subscriber and ported out to TDocomo in search of better service. This was the reason I was not able to upload any new pics of my beauty and I know ownership thread update without pics is a crime.

Anyways, coming back to the Supernova. These 3 months are thrilling to say the least. Jet is serving me splendidly!! I have clocked 3900 kms in this span.

Few pics which were pending during my last cleaning session. Supernova was very dirty when I returned from Mumbai after holi due surprise rain on Eway.
    Shampoo - Sonax; Wax based polish - Formula 1
    This was the result - :)

IMG_0969.jpg IMG_0971.jpg IMG_0975.jpg

At PratiShirdi Temple, ShirGaon, Near talegaon, Pune
    IMG_0979.jpg

Spot the supernova! At ganpati mandir, Talegaon
    IMG_0982.jpg

View from plains! :)
    IMG_0985.jpg

Unknowingly I added only the Back view of my Supernova. Here are the other views -

IMG_0974.jpg IMG_0978.jpg

During my current trip to Mumbai, I thought to check the mileage of supernova and decided to drive sedately. So, I left at around 4 pm for mumbai from my Hinjewadi office after refuelling from Bunk near Wipro ph-2. I reset-ed the tripmeter too. (I was also jealous of the MJD people who keep posting their fuel economy figures:D)

Traffic was sparse in Hinewadi as well as Eway due to early evening hours. When I reached the khopoli toll post after completing entire ghat section and checked the stats; I was in for a pleasant surprise.

TotalDistance - 74kms ; AvgSpeed - 79kmph ; Time Taken - 58mts ; AvgConsumption - 20.5kmpl :dancing:dance
    I guess slope from lonavala ghat section till khopoli helped achieving this.

When Eway ended at panvel, Average consumption shown was - 19.3kmpl

Sorry, couldnt take the pics as I was alone in car.

And Finally when I reached my Nerul Home. These were the details as in MID

:wow
    IMG_0989.jpg IMG_0990.jpg IMG_0991.jpg

It was not like I was driving only till 80-90 to achieve this. I drove near 100kmph on an average with few bursts of 110-120kmph too.

So, after these 3 months ; Am I Happy? Hell, I am happy. Every now and then, I receive compliment from people, be in office or other place that "What a beautiful car you own!"
    That was pretty long, I guess; Sorry Guys;)

Thanks for reading.
    Happy Tjetting!!
    Raaz, mchanna and edurgesh like this.