1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY PERSONAL JET - PRESENTING SUPERNOVA!!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by pabhishek, Dec 28, 2013.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Guys,
    Updating the thread after quite a long time. I was on a vacation to India in last month and got to drive my Supernova.
    There are quite a few updates and few of them are unfortunates ones as well.

First thing first; It still drives like a dream and looks like a million bucks!
    It has clocked 28K kms in 3.5 years of ownership without any fuss.

Supernova has changed its base now to Raipur, Chhattisgarh for few months as my parents have moved from Navi Mumbai to Raipur (full and final). I drove it all the way to Raipur from Mumbai last month with a wide grin plastered on my face. Roads were immaculate for the entire 1K plus journey. Added bonus of zero toll till Amravati, MH was another revelation in itself.:cool:

I will bring it back to Pune once I am back to India which will happen sooner than later.:)

Regarding the unfortunate part, Jet was encountered with an accident sometime in February in Pune which lead to denting/painting of bumper, bonnet and replacement of radiator. The only FASS, Sky moto was considered as it was near and my father had no choice. As expected Sky Moto did a shabby paint job. Saving grace is that mechanically supernova is as fit as it was earlier. Moreover, all occupants in the jet were like noting happened. Scratch less. The jet was full with 4 adults and a kid.

Total repair work costed around 50-60K rupees. I will get the bumper repainted later once I am back in India. :mad:

I have taken lots of pics of supernova during my India visit which I will share later.

gpunto75 and mchanna like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Esperto

pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Sad to hear the unfortunate story. Skys work is getting worst day by day.

Your supernova is still looking hot

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

pabhishek likes this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi guys,
    As updated in the dedicated tyre thread, I have moved to Michelin's a couple of months ago. Have driven around 3K -3.5K kms in the past 50 days and I am very very happy with them.

Ride is plush, silent and compliments Linea's ride quality. Bonus is no punctures despite being thrown at worse terrain than what Eagle NCT's were thrown! :)

gpunto75 likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Supernova's 60K service is pending and I have taken an appointment for tomorrow at Rudra FASS. Choosing Rudra was a no-brainer as Sky really sucks. This will be my first visit to Rudra and I am hopeful. :)

Supernova has covered around 33800 kms. Will update the bill here.

5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    As mentioned above, 60K service was completed at Rudra FASS.
    Total bill came out to INR 10,343. It includes interior cleaning and Wheel alignment. No belts were changed as the vehicle running wasn't too much. Total bill for mechanical work was around 8700. Experience was decent, but then, my vehicle doesn't had as such any major issues which needed attention.
    People looked good and approachable. Will definitely recommend a visit there.
    They started work at around 10 Am and were done by 5:30.
    Also, they are planning to relocate to Wakdewadi in near future which will be a good move IMO.

Supernova is giving average of around 10 plus in horrible Hinjewadi traffic.

Did a thorough detailing session with 3M Hinjewadi. Good experience there as well and vehicle is looking as new as it can.
    Work started around 10:30 and lasted till 4:30.
    Expenses - 6200 for Advanced Paint(sealant) treatment.

So, this is how my last weekend went :)

6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Made a couple of impromptu trips during last weekends.
    First one was to Tamhini ghat. It was a short 'day' trip done on 24th December. We left at 8 and came back around 5 after having lunch at Orchard resort just where the Tamhini ghat ends.
    It was around 200 kms road trip. supernova was as usual fun to drive on this section.

Second trip was a quick dash to Khandala for the new year's eve to watch the sunset. Though we missed the sunset by couple of minutes due to Traffic in lonavala, it still was worth it.
    Left home at around 5 pm on 31st and was back by 8. Lovely weather and realized the strength and beauty of Jet again on the twisty NH4. I chose the old highway and not the expressway for this outing.

Happy New Year guys!

Somehow, I am not able to upload the pics clicked. I am facing this since quite long. Few pics come and few don't. All are under 5MB

7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Supernova is now 4 years old. Odometer reading is 34500.
    Experience of owning FIAT is blissful till now and hope it remains same. smile.gif It still has 1 year of warranty left.
    Even now some random people in petrol pumps, office parking, etc tell me that 'your car looks beautiful. Is it newly bought?' And expression on their face when i told them its 4 years old is funny to say the least. tout.gif
    Hoping to munch miles more faster!

ghodlur likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Guys,

Great to see the TFI online again, no idea since when its up. Happy to see it anyways back online.
    Supernova is munching miles, albeit slowly.
    Odo is well passed 45000. Its now 5 plus years old and is out of warranty as well.

sudipz likes this.
  9. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey- congratulations on the ownership & hope to see you cross the 50K odo mark soon.
    Considering a remap?

pabhishek likes this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @sudipz . No, I haven't thought of remap. Tjet is quite good in its original form for me and I would like to keep it the same:angelic:

sudipz likes this.