1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My personal Jet: Linea T-JET Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by MakeTheMove, Sep 29, 2013.

1. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello All

I have been wanting to put up my ‘One Year Ownership’ review for quite some time now. Let me give out a fair warning that this post might take some time to go through, so sit back and relax. There are various micro experiences along with data as well as photographs to bring which make up the story of my beloved TJet.

Similar to synopsis on a resume here is a quick snap shot of the likes and dislikes that came to my notice. And yes, we all know that negatives are not mentioned on a resume, but then this report is for the perusal of those who would like a quick sneak peek into ‘How exactly is it to own a TJet?’.

• Beauty, no two ways about the fact that a timeless design appeals for decades.
    • Build quality, a virtue that even your older relatives with hardly any automotive knowledge will acknowledge.
    • Turbo-charged petrol with 113 BHP and diesel-like 207 Nm of torque, satisfying like no other.
    • Best-in-class ride comfort, handling & dynamics.
    • Safety kit (ABS +EBD, early crash detection sensors, Dual Air bags, crash safety protocol).
    • All-round disc brakes gives A+ braking capability.
    • Top level of equipment (including leather seats, Blue&Me, rear air-con, height-adjustable driver seat, height-adjustable driver armrest, collapsible rear windshield curtain, foldable key with boot release button, hydraulic power steering, map lights, sunglass holder and the list goes on).
    • Automatic climate control works like a charm and cools the cabin instantly.
    • Auto headlamps and automatic wipers are a boon.
    • 16" Turbine blade alloy wheels with 205 section tyres add to the aesthetics.
    IMG_8420.jpg

What could have been better?

These things don’t make me unhappy but I sincerely feel they could have a noticeable impact on the overall experience of the vehicle.
    • Insulation – Some amount of wind noise creeps in at high speeds, a point to note for those who will be going 140 kmph and above
    • Bottle holders in the car, currently need to dump it behind in the seatback pocket
    • Fit and Finish – Everyone will agree that there is scope for improvement in this department. Note that this has been addressed to a large extent in the facelifted Linea.
    Dislikes

• Rubbery gearshift – Though the gears slot perfectly fine, the feel leaves a lot to be desired. They could probably offer a better gearbox from their international arsenal.
    • Terrible audio quality from the stock speakers, cheaper cars even from a lower segment offer better audio quality.
    • No AUX support, a wish granted in the facelift.
    • USB Folder navigation – Remote control not supported! HU buttons don’t support when playing through USB. It is difficult to change folder using the only option, steering mounted controls. Blue&Me comes to the rescue in some situations but it is not a fallback option.
    • Availability of service centers across Maharashtra / India. Tier 1 cities seem to have a decent coverage as well as concentration. For example – Pune / Mumbai / Bangalore have multiple dealerships which consume a noticeable number from the state wide network.
    Issues faced

There were a few niggles faced during one year of ownership. Issues faced and resolutions for the same is listed at following links:

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/my-personal-jet-linea-t-jet-emotion.10778/page-4#post-841900053
    and
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/my-personal-jet-linea-t-jet-emotion.10778/page-4#post-841903144

Apart from this, there are no issues with the car and my Jet is serving very well.

Service Experience

The car has been serviced ONLY at Pandit Auto, Bavdhan Pune. The experience with them has been satisfactory so far. Spares parts are easily available without any issues. As this has been routine servicing till date, it might be very early to judge the overall experience. With new FIAT exclusive workshops I hope that things will only improve.

6 months / 5,000 kms service
    The first service was absolutely free of cost. Apart from this routine servicing, I opted for an intermediate service when the ODO was at 7933 kms. Fog lamp replacement, Oil change, Oil filter, Fuel filter, alignment was carried out during this intermediate visit. This additional service (‘peace of mind’ as I like to call it) dented my pocket by Rs. 3015. Thanks to @Italia-Linea for advising me to maintain oil change interval at 7500 KM to keep turbo and engine happy.

1 year / 15,000 kms service
    Second service experience is already posted here -

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/my-personal-jet-linea-t-jet-emotion.10778/page-4#post-841908907

There is nothing major to update. It was just a routine service and service experience with Pandit Auto was spot on.

Accessories

Got a chrome strip on the boot which costed Rs. 199
    IMG_8414.jpg

and a free lesson that utilitarian items should be the order of the day. Sunfilms followed which costed Rs. 2800.
    IMG_8400.jpg

Overall impression

The journey so far with my T-Jet has been extremely satisfying! There is absolutely nothing to complain about. My personal observation is that there is significant turbo-lag below 1500 RPM which makes things dull in city traffic conditions. As long as you can keep the revs above 1700 in city traffic conditions, there is no problem. Once the Turbo kicks in around 2000 RPM, this is where things get interesting. The mighty T-Jet is a bliss to drive on the highways.
    IMG_8390.jpg

Cost of ownership

Below statistics are generated when ODO was at 17861 KM when T-Jet completed one year. Currently ODO stands at 18955 KM after 1 year 1 Month and 4 days.

Monthwise Distance Traveled

MonthwiseDistanceTravelled.png

Maintenance

Maintenance.png

Monthwise Fuel Cost

MonthwiseFuelCost.png

Fuel Price

FuelPrice.png

Monthwise Fuel Cost Per Km

MonthwiseFuelCostPerKm.png

FE Tankful Method

So far there were 18 tankful in one year; remaining were partial refills.

FETankfulMethod.png

Cost Structure

CostStructure.png

Special Thanks to @abhishekpachore for photos.
    Thanks for your patience! :)
    me_at_fiat, rejin_r, 5u3zEr0 and 12 others like this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

@MakeTheMove - a Tuscan Wine Fiat Linea T-Jet in Pune!! You could have very well written my long term ownership report!
    About Turbo lag in city, I guess it is only in the perspective of other seemingly puny cars nudging ahead of you at 1400rpm/50 kph. I usually dont bother with them. The highway is where the T-Jet belongs. My Micra CVT darts about like a zippy 2-wheeler in the city. Show it the highway and then you realize the B-I-G difference! While she is good at 90-100 kph, she is indeed a bit of a timid gal while overtaking other traffic. Here the Linea just gallops away with disdain, particularly with the 4th engaged at 2000 rpm..and then my speed buzzer squeals away instantly (set to 100kph):stop:
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    mchanna likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great details on ownership, once car runs normally, difficult to update much on ownership threads, but you have put details nicely.
    Indeed, lovely pictures.
    mchanna likes this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    One more happy couple
    Ravi rightly mentioned, there is nothing much to update when everything goes smooth. But will it ever happen with fiat and that too with a lover??

Your report resembles many tjet owners.

It is a bliss driving jet!
    Wishing you many many happy miles!
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I agree with you acechip. Now a days I am not using T-Jet in city. I am planning for used car for my city commute and T-Jet strictly for highway drives. Palio S10 on cards. I hope to get that beauty soon.

Thanks Ravi! Touchwood, car is doing duty without any hiccup at present. So maintaining the expense log is what I have manage. With smartphone application, that task is really easy.

Thanks Channa!
    mchanna likes this.
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yesterday completed 19K mark. ODO stands at 19014.

WP_20141007_21_38_11_Pro.jpg

Also got the TeamFiat Stickers. Sticking job is planned for Sunday.

TFIStickers.jpg
  7. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Very well written ownership review. The passion and love for the vehicle can be seen while reading it.

Congratulations for the milestones.

Happy revving!
    MakeTheMove likes this.
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's a detailed review @MakeTheMove ! Wish you happy mile munching for the future too! Hope we succeed in our south trip with your t-jet which is quite long on the tooth now.
    mchanna and MakeTheMove like this.
  9. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you Himanshu!

Thank you buddy! South trip did not happened due to personal emergencies on my side but surely I am looking forward for that trip with you soon. :)
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    This is a very useful & detailed review for the new T-Jet buyers :)
    MakeTheMove likes this.