1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My personal Jet: Linea T-JET Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by MakeTheMove, Sep 29, 2013.

1. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I own Hyundai Santro Xing XO, my first car, ODO meter was showing 986XX KM and had no complaints with the car. I was just following maintenance /repair schedule given by Hyundai (Only exception, I had to change the silencer assembly as my car was producing sport car like sound ). I was and am extremely happy with Santro. Still Fuel economy with thankful method is in the range of 17-18 KMPL with AC on highway.

It all started in the month of May, when I decided to buy a new car. This time I was looking for Sedan and choice for me was very clear, car will be from Hyundai only, hence Hyundai Fluidic Verna, due to reliability offered by Santro.

When I declared my decision to buy Fluidic Verna, we initially only had discussion about Petrol and Diesel version for Verna. Once Diesel option ruled out, next contender came in to picture, Honda City. Somehow I never liked the Honda City hence I built a strong case to prove how Fluidic Verna is superior or at par with City. We were all set to book car in July.

But, my cousin, who is great admirer of Fiat (Currently Owns: Punto 1.4 Fire, past cars: Palio 1.2 SLX and Fiat premier), he called me and suggested to have a look at the T-Jet before I make a final decision on Verna. We decided to try T-jet. He told me, he will accompany me for test drive as he wanted to ensure I actually test drive the T-Jet. He traveled to Pune, around 220 Km one way for this cause.

I was aware of Fiat Tata split and Fiat Caffe being available in Pune, I called them. Call was answered immediately, when I enquired about test drive for T-jet, he said currently he is with a customer and he will call me back within an hour. I had given him my contact number, and was waiting for his call to fix an appointment.

Few hours passed, No callback from Fiat Caffe. I informed my cousin, this is my pre-sales experience, and how we can expect they will serve after sale. Forget Fiat, I am going ahead with Hyundai. But somehow after looking at the features, videos related to T-JET on youtube, I wanted to test drive the Linea T-Jet.

This time, I made call to Pandit auto Model colony, Fiat exclusive Showroom. Call was attended immediately. And below was conversation:

Me: I am looking for Linea T-Jet Test drive.

Sales Representative (SR): Ok sir, we have test drive vehicle available. When would you like to have a test drive?

Me: I would prefer Saturday. ( 2 days later)

SR: Sir, Saturday seems very difficult due to lot of customers visiting showroom.

Me: I am aware of Nationwide sale of Linea, hence I can imagine rush you would be having at showroom.

SR was laughing after this statement.

SR: Let me check the availability of timeslot for Saturday.

After 1 min wait….

SR: We can arrange vehicle for test drive at 1130.

Me: I am ok with it. But kindly ensure test drive vehicle is Emotion T-JET only.

SR: Yes Sir! We have Emotion T-Jet as a demo vehicle.

My cousin came to Pune on Friday night. Saturday I got call from Pandit auto around 1045, confirming T-Jet is on the way and would reach to my place on agreed time. I was like :eek: completely different experience as compare to Fiat Caffe. No call from Fiat Caffe as of now.

T-Jet reached my place at 11:15 AM and I got call from SR that they are waiting in parking area. We were also ready and eagerly waiting for car. Brand new Black T-Jet emotion was in front of me. After handshake, they started explaining the various features of the car. After 5 Min, we headed for test drive.

Test drive experience: Before Test drive, I had read reviews related to T-Jet from Team-BHP and TeamFiat. I was aware of T-Jet’s strength and weakness. During my test drive experience, I started comparing between what I read with my actual experience and what I found is most of the so called cons mentioned in reviews are addressed in 2013 Linea viz.

• Steering was light and smooth in city traffic condition too
    • No wind sound in cabin at high speed. ( tested till 140 KMPH)
    • No uneven gaps at glove box, ignition key area
    • Ground clearance at 190mm
    • I felt ICE nice

As mentioned in all reviews T-Jet's core strength remain AS IS and over and above now it seems an improved package for 2013 T-Jet. We had around 90 minute of test drive which comprise city as well as highway drive. No grievance from Sales representative for such a long test drive and they were keen in addressing all my queries.

I cancelled my plan for Verna booking and started dreaming of T-Jet after test drive.

Booking: I was having stretched budget of 9 Lac and I was not in mood to settle for anything less than T-Jet Emotion. But Emotion T-Jet was costing around 9.85 OTR after discount offered. Hence I decided to wait till either I could afford T-Jet Emotion or Fiat could offer discount to match my budget, whichever is earlier.

In the month of August, I got a call from Pandit Auto, mentioning there is 1 lac exchange/loyalty bonus discount. Due to work load, it was not possible for me to go to showroom till Sunday. Pandit auto agreed to open showroom on their non working day (Sunday). I headed to showroom on Sunday, to my surprise entire staff (including support staff) all were present. Weird and wonderful thought came to my mind; this is my exclusive showroom rather than Fiat exclusive showroom.

Discussion went really well and I booked Tuscan Wine T-Jet on the same day; Agreed delivery date, after 2 weeks on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] September.

They offered me Rs. 5000 discount on accessories. Also, I managed to negotiate for T-Jet branded floor Mat and Fiat Branded Mud flaps as an additional discount. Here is a list of accessories I opted for:

• Body colored Rear parking sensor
    • Mud flap
    • Mat – T-Jet branded
    • Boot Mat – T-Jet branded
    • Door Sill plate - Linea Branded

Most of the documents for loan processing I submitted on the same day and remaining documents I submitted over an e-mail. Loan was processed immediately by SBI and I got confirmation within two days for the same.

Now wait was started for vehicle to be allotted to me….

Seven days prior to agreed delivery date, Mon 26 Aug, I got call from Pandit Auto, mentioning car is in transit and they sent SMS with VIN and engine number. I requested for PDI before registration and they agreed on that immediately.
    Meanwhile I decoded the VIN number. Hurray!!! It is Aug-2013 manufactured vehicle (VIN ends with HKZ)

Thursday 29 Aug, I called Pandit Auto, to check the status and they told me they are doing PDI and they invited me for PDI check on Friday at 10:00 AM.

Friday 30 Aug, when I went there my Jet was shining in the sunlight. Started with VIN number verification, followed by TeamFiat and Team-Bhp Check list, everything was in place and working as expected. Three things which were reported to them was:

1. Some sort of black spot near glove box. This was faint but whitish interior ensured it is visible easily.
    2. Carpet near to accelerator also had relatively dark spot
    3. BnM was having Italian language, I asked them to change it to English

All points were noted by representative and they assured to resolve the same before delivery date.

D-Day, Monday 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Sept: I requested to change the delivery time from 4:30 PM to 12:30 PM. I reached showroom by 12:15. My T-jet was getting ready for delivery. Everything was in place except the rear parking sensors. There was delay as body colored parking sensor was not ready that time. Meanwhile I checked all three points mentioned but only two were resolved and dark spot near to accelerator was now faint but spot was there. Finally body colored parking sensor arrived at 1:00 PM and car was ready for delivery in next 20 min.

Dealer arranged all stuff for pooja. After pooja, we headed to home at 2:20 PM. Finally T-Jet has arrived home.

Dealer Rating: 9/10. These guys are extremely attentive and supportive.

During this entire process, following peoples post really influenced me from Team-Bhp and Team-Fiat:
    GTO, KarthikK, J Ravi, PatchyBoy, Puchoo

Thank you folks! And worth mentioning, a big thanks to my cousin who brought me to passionate Fiat world!!!

My Personal Jet:
    Linea T-JET Emotion.jpg

Me @ My exclusive showroom (Pandit Auto Fiat Exclusive Showroom)
    Me_Fiat Showroom.jpg
    Raaz, antony1405, me_at_fiat and 12 others like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Let me be the first to congratulate you on the Jet :)

Enjoy it and have many safe miles in it.
    rejin_r likes this.
  3. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Congrats. .wow T jets are raining here in TFI

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  4. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats on owning the jet.I envy you.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, MakeTheMove. Explore and enjoy your Linea T-Jet Emotion. I wish you and your Linea T-Jet Emotion many hundreds and thousands of miles with smiles. :)
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulations. You made the move and got yourselves a Jet. The Tuscan wine colour is my alltime favourite colour on the Italian beauty. Have you named your jet as yet? Only one pic doesnt justify/satisfy TFIians, post more pics buddy.

Happy jetting around and mile crunching. Drive safely
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Your smile says it all...

8. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you guys! Surely, I will upload more pictures by this weekend.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Awesome awesome...Another T-Jet added :-D lovely! CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU MADE THE MOVE :D!
  10. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Congrats Dude !! The Jet is an awesome car, enjoy it and keep it roaring.